Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,221 Posts
lol why are half of your spark plugs NGK Iridium and the other half NGK V-Power?

·
Administrator
9,203 Posts
lol why are half of your spark plugs NGK Iridium and the other half NGK V-Power?
When I did a sorta usual "do maintenance, fluid/filter changes, clean up "stuff"" on my ex's '04 Tib after we bought it, rear plugs looked factory original (about 140K miles) and totally shot, (fronts were a different brand). Went with new wires and NGK copper V-power plugs.
Huge difference in power.
For me, buy a used car, do ALL scheduled maintenance, which also means fluid swap and rubber timing bits.

·
Administrator
9,203 Posts
Rebuild brakes
If you get "brake chirp" during driving or light braking...either cut the rotors or use a grinder (I use 4"angle grinder) to remove the "rust ring" on the OD and ID of the pad wear area.
Yes, you can bevel the inner and outer edges of the pads, but due to wear will allow another rub.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,221 Posts
When I did a sorta usual "do maintenance, fluid/filter changes, clean up "stuff"" on my ex's '04 Tib after we bought it, rear plugs looked factory original (about 140K miles) and totally shot, (fronts were a different brand). Went with new wires and NGK copper V-power plugs.
Huge difference in power.
For me, buy a used car, do ALL scheduled maintenance, which also means fluid swap and rubber timing bits.
I figured the previous owner gave up on the bank1 spark plugs when they figured out it required removing the upper intake manifold. I was just pointing out what may have been obvious but most people would have overlooked haha

Reactions: Charlie-III

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
So, last news…
I heard some extraneous noise in the engine.
Removed the engine tray and did not find any metal pieces from the liners connecting rods. It's a good new.
So I did not waste time for searching reason of noise and removed the motor. Again.
Removed valve covers and camshafts. And saw the bad news.
Now need to understand the reason for this f*ckin trouble and fix it.
Any guesses? I think oil pump are broken…

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,203 Posts
Arrrggghhhhh

121 - 133 of 133 Posts