Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 08 GS black pearl Tib since the middle of April, and now i think its time to mod. Ive been saving up cash and im pretty stoked to get to modding. Another reason why i havent been modding so far is because where i used to live in GA my car was alwayyss dirty (top 2 pictures).. we lived on a dirt road. But my parents are getting a divorce so im now living with my mom in florida so i figured its time to start (bottom picture taken today, sorry for crappy quality, took with my blackberry). Im here for opinions, comments and suggestions. I dont really know what all i should get, i already have 15% tint. But other than that, thats all.

Anyways..
Im not looking for engine mods, im 16 and college bound soon so I dont want to void the warranty until a few years down the road (im going turbo definitely once i get into a good university, FSU ftw haha). So, i know it may be 'rice' or whatever, but im looking for cheap, but good appearance mods. Ive been thinking about maybe getting....

-Tuscani badges (not sure how to install or if itd be good and what not)
-Interior blue LED from diode dynamics or LEDglow
-Exhaust
-Maybe painting the rims black.. or gun metal
-Ive been thinking about getting a GT spoiler or a high spoiler, w/e it is. I dont 'love' my stock gs spoiler. I mean its okay but i wouldnt mind a different one. But idk if that be a lot of money and all
-I want smoked tails, but im not getting them b/c theyre illegal. Does anyone know if they have special tail lights out for 07-08 models yet?
-a good system
-angel eyes

Obviously i cant do all of that stuff, just some ideas for down the road..
i just need you guys' opinions/suggestions on what to do first and what not to do and all that good stuff. And if anyone has bought anything, please send me a link and price!
Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it!

Also, please tell me what i should consider maybe buying if i dont have it listed!
thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've had my 08 GS black pearl Tib since the middle of April, and now i think its time to mod. Ive been saving up cash and im pretty stoked to get to modding. Another reason why i havent been modding so far is because where i used to live in GA my car was alwayyss dirty (top 2 pictures).. we lived on a dirt road. But my parents are getting a divorce so im now living with my mom in florida so i figured its time to start (bottom picture taken today, sorry for crappy quality, took with my blackberry). Im here for opinions, comments and suggestions. I dont really know what all i should get, i already have 15% tint. But other than that, thats all.

Anyways..
Im not looking for engine mods, im 16 and college bound soon so I dont want to void the warranty until a few years down the road (im going turbo definitely once i get into a good university, FSU ftw haha). So, i know it may be 'rice' or whatever, but im looking for cheap, but good appearance mods. Ive been thinking about maybe getting....

-Tuscani badges (not sure how to install or if itd be good and what not)
-Interior blue LED from diode dynamics or LEDglow
-Exhaust
-Maybe painting the rims black.. or gun metal
-Ive been thinking about getting a GT spoiler or a high spoiler, w/e it is. I dont 'love' my stock gs spoiler. I mean its okay but i wouldnt mind a different one. But idk if that be a lot of money and all
-I want smoked tails, but im not getting them b/c theyre illegal. Does anyone know if they have special tail lights out for 07-08 models yet?
-a good system
-angel eyes

Obviously i cant do all of that stuff, just some ideas for down the road..
i just need you guys' opinions/suggestions on what to do first and what not to do and all that good stuff. And if anyone has bought anything, please send me a link and price!
Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it!

Also, please tell me what i should consider maybe buying if i dont have it listed!
thanks!
take a look at my tib for a few ideas I have the same year / color but i have GT rims - http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166266

maybe lower it also, im putting springs on this week

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
around 400 dude. im gettin T emblems for sure, but i want to get them in black if i can find a place. and thinking about angel eyes.. idk what else

·
Registered
133 Posts
save your money and get wheels and tires......you will thank yourself later. If you dont want that, then I recommend replacing all the stock speakers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not sure yet.. im pretty stuck on ae's. and i know t badges for sure, thats a no brainer. but im still not positive. id like to get some stuff that really sets my car apart

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
-Tuscani badges (not sure how to install or if itd be good and what not) Get ASAP
-Interior blue LED from diode dynamics or LEDglow make your own, phenoptix.com for led's then get some wire
-Exhaust custom cat back, about $200
-Maybe painting the rims black.. or gun metal Just ditch them and get better ones, a cheap way would be black painted 03-06's
-Ive been thinking about getting a GT spoiler or a high spoiler, w/e it is. I dont 'love' my stock gs spoiler. I mean its okay but i wouldnt mind a different one. But idk if that be a lot of money and all High spoiler is defiantly better, but hard to find from members, and lots of $$$ new
-I want smoked tails, but im not getting them b/c theyre illegal. Does anyone know if they have special tail lights out for 07-08 models yet? Don't get special tail lights, black out or red out ftw. most cops don't bug you for tinted tails in Florida
-a good system will run you probably $500+
-angel eyes I still need to get these :3_sleepey
Added my opinions in red :]

Also I noticed you said your going to FSU, great school, my gf goes their.

Since you live in Florida check out TuscaniTuner.com mostly Florida tib owners, reffered by Mike (me)

·
Registered
761 Posts
^^^High spoilers are not hard to find (not "lots of $$$" either; $130). eBay is your answer. Got mine about a month ago and love it.

The interior LEDs from Diode Dynamics are very good quality. I have footwell LEDs and trunk LEDs. Pretty cheap mod that looks cool (IMO).

DD also has angel eyes.

If you want black T badges, check with Force Fed Flesh in the sponsors section.

I basically have all the mods you listed except for the system (don't care about that), and I still have my stock wheels on (they look fine to me). Dig around on the site and you'll find what you're looking for. Good luck!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks a lot for all the help guys.. really appreciate it. helped me open up a lot of options.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah. i cant. school starts in a few days and i have a bunch of stuff to do so theres no way i could get up in there in time and back.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
shoot man for 200 bucks tho... maybe cost you 100 bucks in gas... 100 for a hotel room... 400 bucks=Beautiful bumper!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i know man, id jumppp on it if i could. in a heart beat. plus i dont think she wants me doing any major mods yet.. she does the whole 'save money for college' speech. hah

1 - 15 of 15 Posts