Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm thinking about selling my tiburon to the dealer just like it is on the pics below. How much do yall think i can get for it? Thinking bout an S2000? Thanks.

It's a 2003 with 16,300 miles.

·
Registered
972 Posts
NOOO DONT TRADE IT IN... ur car is beautiful.. (SELL ME SOME STUFF IF U REALLY GUNA TRADE IT IN LOL) the dealer will prolly only give u like 10k for it.. dealer prices suck.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Let me know if you wanna get rid of some stuff. Im in Glen Burnie and want alot of the stuff you have on your car.

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
Dealer won't lower teh value due to the extras, but won't give any extra for them. My wife is a car saleswoman. Shoot me the full VIN, exact milage, and specs and I'll have her look into it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Ready2Play said:
Dealer won't lower teh value due to the extras, but won't give any extra for them. My wife is a car saleswoman. Shoot me the full VIN, exact milage, and specs and I'll have her look into it.
actually you are wrong here. i was a salesman myself. we used to have to take off money just because they an aftermarket head unit in. we deducted so much for every aftermarket part depending on what it was. if they took them off and replaced them with stock we would give them more for the trade.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
they'll base it on trade in value . . . and they use the manheim, kbb . . . and one more, they kinda average them all together . . . . at least what i was told, (I worked at a dealership all last summer, and the sales guys there explained it all to me one day . . . i'd definitely part out the aftermarket stuff and return it to stock . . . cause I'm about to do the exact same thing you are, for the same car too

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
exactly 06orangecrush, mods lower the resale value of the car, because the chances that someone will like all the mods you have done to the car are slim......

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Dealers will say anything to justify buying the car at a lower price, so they can make a larger profit in the resale. ;)

They'll explain why you're getting the low amount and when you check back in a week, the car will be in their used lot with a list of aftermarket parts itemized to raise the price.

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
Well I guess it depends on the dealership then. My wifes does trade-ins based on what the car is "worth", that is it. A lot of dealers will use aftermarket parts to lower your value as a ploy, as stated, to get more money. Some do it as SOP.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
it's a shafty SOP too . . . Some mods left on the car might not hurt the value, like rims, or an intake or something . . . but ugly stickers, weird paint jobs, lots of interior mods, a big spoiler, stuff that is really flashy will probably hurt you

·
Registered
364 Posts
Dibs on the windSplitter......LOL

·
Registered
252 Posts
Total it and get more than it's worth! Just like me!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Part it out....let me know if you are....I'm in the Mt. Airy area.

EDIT: Willing to trade my stock 03 bumper and some cash for the 05 bumper w/o the windsplitter if you're goin back to stock....DIBSSSSS:3_worship

·
Registered
79 Posts
why dont you try to sell it private party.. im interested i just totalled mine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts