Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it was a very fun Experience let me just say lol. I was going to do to it with some friends from school but I decided to come home and do it. I want to Thank TheGrim(Josh) for being here to help me - if he wasnt there I would probably be figuring out how to take it apart and Boostology (Tom) for getting all my questions and concerns awnsered.

Im pretty pissed at Hyundai. The last clutch that was done under warranty the guy who put it back together sripped alot of bolts, and took some other corners that made it very hard for us to take shyt apart - to bad there isnt anything I can do at this point about that. The car worked for about 8 miles till me and a friend went to the mall and on the way there the car would bog down and buck - it finally stalled out at a light. It started back up we got it maybe half a mile down the road till it totaly just wouldnt go. After finding out that there was a short somewere with the crank sensor( the one that Hyundai glued together to put it back together) we had to cut it so we spliced them together - the fuses kept blowing so we put a 15a in there to get me home like 2 miles away pop the hood and I soder the wires and tape them. Come to find out the wires coming directly from the sensor are melted to hell.

A few pics of the team.

From left to right: My friend Darren - Josh - and Me

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
That looked like fun....
I'm so not ready to tackle that install yet.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Glad to see you guys got it done. Outside of all the work that it takes to do the install, the biggest problem I had was getting the trx up with the floor jack and balancing and tilting it with one hand, and trying to line the shaft up with the other. I've been out breaking mine in since yesterday, and I definitely have more power to the wheels. Before my tach was higher up in the rpms in 4th & 5th. And now at the same engine speed, the rpms are considerably lower. That equates to no more slipping. The exhaust even sounds different when I'm getting on it. I really want to dyno it again, cause the last one was on a slipping oem clutch. I know I have more whp and torque now. My flywheel looked alot like yours. Anyways, glad to see you got it done. Take your friends out or something, and be glad you had help. That install sucks by yourself.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the car runs great. Josh got me a new crank sensor on the old one the insulation around the wire was cracking and the wires were showing everywere so there was a lot of resistance or a short to ground.

Even though i have to break it in a few times I got up on it because I just had too. Ive been driving with a slipping clutch for a good 5 months and it was just orgasmic that the car actualy got up and went, lol. I'll post up a picture later of the crank sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts