Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentally left the cap off the radiator and only drove it a quarter mile when it started steaming im sure it was from the cap being off car seems fine.i have replaced the thermostat, and the car is running at operating temperature, but my question is the gage reads like it should no signs of running hot no knocking .I did notice the cap loosing pressure and steam from under it.my issue is when you turn the car off it jumps to hot! But again not seeing any other issues.

·
Administrator
9,107 Posts
When the engine/coolant is cold, check the fluid level in the radiator and overflow tank. Add as required and check every couple days for a week. Add as needed.
You likely didn't hurt anything.
You may have some air in the system. If minor, it should self purge and take from the overflow tank over a few drives.

Welcome to NT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the engine/coolant is cold, check the fluid level in the radiator and overflow tank. Add as required and check every couple days for a week. Add as needed.
You likely didn't hurt anything.
You may have some air in the system. If minor, it should self purge and take from the overflow tank over a few drives.

Welcome to NT.
Will do and thanks for the input

1 - 3 of 3 Posts