Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve moved onto my next project and that is replacing cracked wiring and broken sensors. I am currently replacing all 4 oxygen sensors and noticed a lot of cracking in insulation on wiring going into wiring harness side connector. So far I haven’t had much issue with finding replacement connectors until now. I can not find replacement connectors for the oxygen sensors. Anyone have any suggestion to where I could find these? I’ve tried several online stores with no success. I figured I would try here before begging the dealership to search their back stock for just the connectors and not the whole wiring harness.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that option right after online failed. No tibys of any kind around my city and I tried several that were 60+ miles away. A few promised to call if one came their way but I wont hold my breath. I even check to see if there were any mid/late 2000s elantras on site and even that was a bust.
I just figured maybe someone knew a store or manufacturer that might have or produce this part. I tried dealership this morning and they told me the only way to get them is buying the wiring harness. I figured that it had to be produced somewhere to be assembled into harness so it wouldnt be this hard to find. Guess my next option is trying to repair them with some clear nail polish and try contacting out of state junkyards. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Super Moderator
8,690 Posts
Year and engine?

Have you looked at RockAuto?

Another option is "iWire.com", located in Rockies IIRC. They do harnesses/different harness merges for many cars (I know them from the Subaru world with peeps doing swaps), a few pictures to them may help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Charlie-III: Its a 2006 V6 2.7 old body. Thanks for the suggestion, rock auto is where Ive been able to find most of the connectors/parts I’ve needed. They didn’t have these connectors. I’ll give iWire a try.

aveenav: Thanks, I’ll contact them when I get home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts