Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve needed to get emissions done on my car for a long time and was told that the system is reading not ready. So I waited a few more days and was told the same thing. I have a NGM reflash and vaguely remember that I may need to put the stock ecu back in when doing emissions. After putting the stock ecu back in the codes in the title are showing up. The dilemma is I’m not sure if these codes were not showing up because of the reflashed ecu or if I possibly messed something up when swapping the ecu. I was pulling kind of hard at times to get the ecu out and I have the mafterburner harness tied into the wires with heat shrink tubing or butt connectors. I wondering if one of the connections is possibly loose. Before I swap the reflash ecu back in to see if the codes go away does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it more likely for the P0160 (no activity bank 2 sensor 2 O2 sensor) to cause the P0171 and P0174(lean codes) or vise versa?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Def go back to stock ECU. I never passed with anything NGM flashed because they disable some of the emissions monitors. Sounds like it could be a bad connection. Can test by replacing the O2 sensor with a known working one. If the problem comes back after monitor reset, it's likely the wiring/harness. Causes for P0160:
A: Open in signal harness
B: Open in ground harness
C: Contact resistance in connectors
D: Faulty heated O2 sensor

P0171 and P0174 refer to banks 1 and 2 respectively, so if it's throwing both, then its lean on both banks and not just bank 2 which the problem sensor may be on. This code is determined by the primary (lambda) sensors so nothing to do with cat efficiency. Extra air is getting in somewhere, either the exhaust or the intake. Check for vacuum leaks (intake, evap, gaskets, injectors, etc).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts