Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you paint the silver parts on the automatic shift knob

and if so what kind of paint should i use?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Search is your friend......

There is a DIY on it. search for it.

Where in mass?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
north attleboro...i know theres a search i looked but i ddnt c anythn tht said you could paint it just how to remove it

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
you can paint anything you want

its just a matter if it looks good or not

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
yeah you can do it.. i just used nail polish cuz it was all i had on hand and it was the color i wanted.. and i was too broke to buy anything else. haha it turned out pretty well.. i know there is a DIY on how to take all that stuff off. thats what i used.

its been about a year, and it still looks GREAT! no chipping or fading or anything.

ill take some pics of how it looks now in a lil bit. and ill look for that link to the DIY for ya too

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
ill take some pics of how it looks now in a lil bit. and ill look for that link to the DIY for ya too
Linked him already. But you do know that you can take the top surround ring off too. Those 2 screws and it comes right off.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
haha yeah i saw that after i responded. yeah i took the top off to paint it. thats just the only pic i took of it done.

i used a blue nail polish and a coat of some sparkly clear polish on top. it looks really good in person. and it really matches my steering wheel cover. im gonna go take some pics.. ill be back in a few.. lol

EDIT: heres some more pics of it. there are a few scratches from my ring, but you cant hardly notice em in person..
and sorry, my car is in desperate need of a vaccuming.. haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts