Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boo-Yah! Got my calipers painted about a month ago (just now finally posting the images).
I used the can and brush, and found it to be a piece of cake. Just takes a little patience and an afternoon. Coupled with the drilled and slotted rotors, I think the results speak for themselves.

Yeah, curb rash like a b*tch, I know, you don't have to say it. I lived in Baltimore for a few years, it's inevitable.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
i did the same, but got the brake pads, but they are replaced, but im waiting on getting some slotted/drilled rotors. nice tuscani lettering too :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you're my new best friend.
Word!
ur sig is too big
Looks fine to me.
How did you do the lettering? Is it painted or vinyl?
Vinyl. One of the board sponsors used to sell them, I forget who, but they dont anymore (I think they still sell ones that say "Hyundai" though). I just posted a request on the want to buy forum and someone had some spares, so I bought them from him. They seal the deal imo. Just look too good not to have.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
WhiskeyDrinker said:
Boo-Yah! Got my calipers painted about a month ago (just now finally posting the images).
I used the can and brush, and found it to be a piece of cake. Just takes a little patience and an afternoon. Coupled with the drilled and slotted rotors, I think the results speak for themselves.

Yeah, curb rash like a b*tch, I know, you don't have to say it. I lived in Baltimore for a few years, it's inevitable.
yup. i used the spray paint while i had the brakes apart.. painted alot of suspension pieces in the process too, lmao!

oh, and your rotors are on backwards... as opposed to the way ive seen most of them installed .. i highly doubt it matters though...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alpinewhite said:
oh, and your rotors are on backwards... as opposed to the way ive seen most of them installed .. i highly doubt it matters though...
You're right, it doesn't matter. Although most drilled/slotted rotors are installed the way I have mine, groves should point towards the brake on rotation, but the ones sold on this forum (the ones I bought from Uneek (I think!)) are bi-directional (if that's a word).
According to Brembo anyway...
Brembo Sport slotted brake rotors are sold in axle pairs and the easiest way to verify correct usage is to install the rotors on the side of the vehicle that results in the end of the slot nearest the outer edge of the rotor always contacting the brake pads first.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
looks good . you live near my g/f now . if you see a black 06 with a single exhaust scooting around , its me . try to get my attention ,ill stop and say whats up .id like to check your car out .

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looks nice. One of my next mods. Do you think it is do'able to just brush paint? Trying to avoid having to cover up everything...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
WhiskeyDrinker said:
You're right, it doesn't matter. Although most drilled/slotted rotors are installed the way I have mine, groves should point towards the brake on rotation, but the ones sold on this forum (the ones I bought from Uneek (I think!)) are bi-directional (if that's a word).
According to Brembo anyway...
Correct. It doesn't matter which direction the drills/slots point.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nOTricKz said:
Looks nice. One of my next mods. Do you think it is do'able to just brush paint? Trying to avoid having to cover up everything...
Yeah, I used a brush paint kit. All I did was tape some newspaper to the rotors and went to town. It was a piece of cake. I am wondering why more people dont do it considering how easy it is and how nice the end results are. And it's only like $13 for the paint kit. It just takes time, so free up an afternoon this spring and go to town man!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yeah, I used a brush paint kit. All I did was tape some newspaper to the rotors and went to town. It was a piece of cake. I am wondering why more people dont do it considering how easy it is and how nice the end results are. And it's only like $13 for the paint kit. It just takes time, so free up an afternoon this spring and go to town man!
...that's what I wanted to hear! Thanks. (you didn't have to take the calipers off?)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts