Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thought you'd might like to see my latest exterior mod....painted wheel wells!
(Not that you've seen my other mods along the way, as I only started posting to this forum in the last week, despite having owned since early '04)

My father-in-law tells me this used to be fairly popular detail job, way back when...apprently they even started making red fender wells as an option for the GTO. I've never seen it before, but it sounded sweet and I thought it would tie in nicely with the stripes, so we went ahead and did it.

Being a fan of auto detailing, he said he certainly wouldn't mind seeing this make a comeback ... ...after completing mine, I agree! (Although rarity is also good.)

Feedback welcome...

Also, my fuel filler door was starting to fade (was original tidal wave blue), so I needed to repaint it. I figured I'd give that a shot as white too. Any thoughts here?

(this was while it was still up in the air after painting, starting to put the wheel back on)

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Let me be the first to state the obvious: that's going to be impossible to keep clean. And personally, had I done it, I would have gone with a colour match with the exterior paint instead of a contrasting colour. But, if you like it, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, it will be a beast to keep clean (although it's already been over 200 miles and still looks like that) ... good thought on the exterior color too. i would have considered that, but the stripes were like the "trim" color, so i thought white would be better. thanks for the input!

(love your sig, btw, alien quadrilogy! lol)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any thoughts on the fuel filler door? Leave white or go back to blue?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ah....I see....site exceeded transfer limit. weak! ....any other recommendations of where to post em?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
no pics? links dont work

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
SO SORRY EVERYONE!!!

The site I had the pics pulling from "exceeded transfer limit."

Totally weak!

Linking the photos again, from putfile as recommended...

(while car was still up in air)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
hmm....not to bad idk though i like mine black they go with wut i got going on

1 - 20 of 60 Posts