Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
At AutoZone they have a kit that comes with brake cleaner a brush and paint. Use that.

·
Registered
541 Posts
negative, tried that and it cracks and peels with one small rock chip, however they sell and actual airisol can for brake calipers VHT is the brand, i picked mine up at autozone or advanced auto, but anyways honestly the best way of doing it is to remove all 4 calipers from car, yes pinch off the brake lines or w/e, i just let mine bleed out and ran new brake fluid, but lay all 8 pieces out, spray and clean with engine degreeser or caliper cleaner and using a wire brush to get them all nice and clean, apply 1 thick coat of primer (i used high temp engine primer) spraying it with light sprays evenly till its covered kinda thick. Let it dry for about 15 mins then do a light coat of paint (note: you should keep it light enough to still see primer) then wait approx 5 mins, apply another coat to cover all of primer, wait 15 mins, another good coat, wait 15 mins, now i did 1 more coat making it 3 coats of paint but its up to you, then do a light coat of laquer clear coat, then a slighter heavier coat then Walla!!! Now the sucky part, wait a good 1 to 2 hrs before installing back on car, you dont want to leave your finger prints in the paint lol.

I did mine blue, with custom flat black rotors and wheels, if anyone wants to see a pic, let me know, the brakes look like they came from the factory that way, Faus03 can vouch, he helped me! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts