Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Re: DIY: Painting Diffuser

Just curious... how glossy did everyone's diffuser come out? I bought the exact paint needed for this and did my front grill today and it looks pretty glossy. The black primer I got though was completely flat?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts

Just curious... how glossy did everyone's diffuser come out? I bought the exact paint needed for this and did my front grill today and it looks pretty glossy. The black primer I got though was completely flat?
use flat black rattle can
and im assuming no clearcoat.

·
Registered
566 Posts

I have the flat black rattle can but when I sprayed it on the grill it was glossy when it dried. it wasn't like a high gloss black but it wasn't flat. It is duplicolor flat black too.

·
Registered
306 Posts

i want to do this to my tib,

Guess i know what im doin tomorrow morning =]
but i want it to be flat black,
you sed dupicolor flat black made it look glossy?, did u go heavy on the paint at first?

·
Registered
15 Posts

K.. I haven't seen a black Tib painted yet. Have graphite paint for my wheels, gas cap and wiper arms. Definitely adding this to my list. Just waiting for a weekend of sun so I can finish it all. Will post pics when done..

·
Registered
15 Posts

Painted this weekend... Black Tib, grey diffuser, enjoy! (Yes, I know I still need to remove my dealer sticker :3_toilet-)

2010-06-19 17.08.41.jpg

·
Registered
127 Posts

Plasti-dip it! Thats what I did, only about 10 bucks for the can of plasti-dip, paint, and some computer paper that i already had. Good things is, if you don't like it, just peel if off lol and it's already a flat black. Plasti-dip FTW

·
Registered
127 Posts

Plasti-dip it! Thats what I did, only about 10 bucks for the can of plasti-dip, paint, and some computer paper that i already had. Good things is, if you don't like it, just peel if off lol and it's already a flat black. Plasti-dip FTW
**EDIT- meant tape, not paint haha

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,688 Posts

cox motors lul

·
Registered
2,360 Posts

Here's a few pics of mine in the process. I masked the parts right around the paint line with just tape then added some newspaper to make sure I didn't get anything up on the bumper

Here's with the black done:

And with the clear coat added:

Done!

·
Registered
107 Posts

Can i try to do it with plasti dip 1st to see if it looks right?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know its old but SMBDragon dug it out! ;)

Nevertheless it's still one of the easiest and best DIY exterior mod, so...
With my black Tib I came up with an idea.

What do you think about carbon fiber foil?
I think taping the diffuser and spoiler (without sidearms/ only horizontal piece like in Mitsubishi EVOs)
maybe someone did the same and can share a picture? :)

*Sorry for my english if I used stupid words to describe but I hope you get the idea :)
Greets!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Did something a little different with mine, while staring at it I decided I'd paint the license plate area as well, I'm happy with it!

Rustoleum Satin black and semi-gloss clear.

Haven't seen anyone do this, feedback welcome.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Used this DIY to do my front bumper grill/lip section turned out nice using Gloss Black Duplicolor and Gloss Clear. Next is the rear diffuser and Panoramic Roof top

161 - 180 of 181 Posts