Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some flat black paint left over from painting my diffuser..........do you guys think ithe same colour would look good on my fuel door ring?..........or would it look too dull......should i spray a $hi7 load of clear coat on it?......

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so woulf spraying a bunch of clear coat make the flat black a little glossy?.......would it work?..or will i need to go back to wal mart and get some gloss black paint?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i should spray the flat black on with tons of clear...then if it still looks dull....i should sand it off.....and put on gloss black?

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
test it on something not attached to your car... hell, you could even test paint the paint cap (it's made of plastic, like the fuel door ring). Paint the cap flat black, then clear coat it, and there's your answer. If it looks like s h i t e then you've saved yourself a lot of hassles.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the cap is black tho...already...lol......i'll find something to test it on...

·
Registered
981 Posts
haha, speaking of paint ring, i just painted mine like 2 mins ago, cus my g/f is on here way with my new clear black gas cover with red fuel cap

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Go to autozone and get the paint that is made for car paint and paint it that way it is one step so you just shoot spay dry and put on the clear coat is already in the can.

Look at sig

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats that paint called......and will i have to sand either way?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im gonna test these out.....

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what do you mean colour match the car.......i have a white car....but i wanna make the fuel door ring black....you mean colour match the diffuser?

·
Registered
40 Posts
ok... ive been thinking about painting my fuel door too... I have a silver tib and the paint has come off most of the cap. I dont think I will be able to match the silver and my whole exterior is still stock, what do you guys think of painting it black? will the black not match? sorry, not meaning to hijack your thread or anything. and for my oppinion on yours, I would use a gloss black, and always sand, prime, paint, and clear. it should look really good on a white tib.

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
I painted my fuel door ring, and clear coated it so it's a nice gloss to match the rest of my paint. Personally, I think it looks great.

Oh and don't overdo the clear coat... 4 or 5 light coats should be fine.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol.......she does look bored...anyways.....i should just sand and paint...or do i need to prime first?......and how did you mask off the silver screw things so they dont get painted?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts