Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my wheels. With Christmas break coming up soon, I am thinking about painting my car to go with the wheels. The car is already silver, so I borrowed a pic from another member of their silver tib with EVO-6's that I just ordered.

I am thinking about painting the sunken portion of the hood and the bottom part of the hatch. I would use Alsa Crystals with black paint, then airbrush in black on the edges so pure black fades into the crystals in the middle, and then lay down some type of white or black pearl in the clear coat to give it a sparkle at an angle. Attached is a picture, although it looks somewhat cartoonish. Check alsacorp.com for better pics of what crystals look like.

Opinions? Good idea? Crap?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a real picture of an Alsa car, albeit quite ugly, but the hood is crystals over pink.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
dont do it......just go CF and paint the middle of your hood.....but no like that..paint it silver or something..itll look badass with those rims and the colour

·
Registered
73 Posts
I personally like the pink hood... and the design, BUT Im female. I do believe if I saw a guy's hood like that, Id laugh... even if it wasnt pink. There are some things you cant pull off like that without the hotness of the color... SOO like it was said above, stay with carbon fiber. Cute idea... but only for a chick.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I agree with seedweed, get a stock carbon fiber hood and paint all of it silver except the sunken part. That would look better than crystals and you'd shed a few pounds in the process.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts