Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When looking for replacement parking brake cables, im seeing different sets of cable lengths and description is not really helping know which one is correct, trying to order on rockauto, can anyone please help me out with which ones are the correct ones? My tiburon is an 07 manual trans I4

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I'm not seeing any different lengths there. One of them says "front" which makes no sense and the pic still looks like the correct rear cable. Any pair of left and right should work fine as long as your rear caliper "ears" match the style shown. There were 2 different styles over the years but as long as you still have 07 rear calipers you should be fine.

·
Administrator
9,166 Posts
I'm not seeing any different lengths there. One of them says "front" which makes no sense and the pic still looks like the correct rear cable. Any pair of left and right should work fine as long as your rear caliper "ears" match the style shown. There were 2 different styles over the years but as long as you still have 07 rear calipers you should be fine.
I know for a fact the 2004 had a midyear change in cables (relating to the cable ends to the caliper arm). I am not aware of any other changes for the GK's (I4 or V6, AT or MT).

I would pick the Raybestos or ACdelco parts listed for the 2007 Tib on RockAuto.com.
Also assume you will snap off most of the mounting screws removing the old cables. Have sheetmetal screws/self driller-tappers or similar for the new install

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know for a fact the 2004 had a midyear change in cables (relating to the cable ends to the caliper arm). I am not aware of any other changes for the GK's (I4 or V6, AT or MT).

I would pick the Raybestos or ACdelco parts listed for the 2007 Tib on RockAuto.com.
Also assume you will snap off most of the mounting screws removing the old cables. Have sheetmetal screws/self driller-tappers or similar for the new install
Thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts