Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*****updated 12/14/2011 - priced to sell.*******

[shipping to the lower 48 only unless you are willing to pay the extra shipping costs.

LARGER ITEMS ARE PICKUP ONLY

Paypal address [email protected]

5: Custom Made Spare Tire Well Box - covered by rhino lining 200.00

6: Optima Yellow Top Battery 80.00 - can not ship - local only

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: Come and get some parts!!!! - full partout

aweeeee i really want that TB but cant be without a car eiitthherrr. I'll try to figure something out and keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
978 Posts

Im really interested in the hood, pending pics of the hood and the damage yous tated above, and would you be willing to drive a little ways to save myself part of a 12 hour drive?

·
Registered
259 Posts

May be interested in exhaust. What's your zip? Do you have sound clips and pics?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
7,659 Posts

just an FYI on the reflash... you're sort of up sh*t's creek without a paddle. If you swap that reflashed ECU with someone else you will both throw a P0630 CEL for mismatching VIN #'s I believe since by 05 the ECUs were Mode 9 enabled. In other words, your ECU has your VIN # on it , and someone with another 05 or 06 has their VIN # on their ECU. So if you switch you both will have the wrong vin on your ECUs, and for example, if you do a plug-in obd-ii test for emissions, when that machine communicates with the DMV it's going to see the incorrect VIN and it will trip some red flags.

At this point, your best bet to recover a stock ECU is either leave yours in, or you will have to pony up and pay the dealer for a virgin ECU ($925) and then an ECU remapping (probably another $140) where they will write a new VIN (your VIN) on the virgin ECU. I do not believe you can rewrite a new VIN onto an ECU that already has a VIN written on it.

You may want to talk to TC about getting a stock flash on a handheld to hopefully bring yours back to stock and bring all of the OBD-II onboard diagnostic tests online. The NGM reflash turns off about 5 of them.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

just an FYI on the reflash... you're sort of up sh*t's creek without a paddle. If you swap that reflashed ECU with someone else you will both throw a P0630 CEL for mismatching VIN #'s I believe since by 05 the ECUs were Mode 9 enabled. In other words, your ECU has your VIN # on it , and someone with another 05 or 06 has their VIN # on their ECU. So if you switch you both will have the wrong vin on your ECUs, and for example, if you do a plug-in obd-ii test for emissions, when that machine communicates with the DMV it's going to see the incorrect VIN and it will trip some red flags.

At this point, your best bet to recover a stock ECU is either leave yours in, or you will have to pony up and pay the dealer for a virgin ECU ($925) and then an ECU remapping (probably another $140) where they will write a new VIN (your VIN) on the virgin ECU. I do not believe you can rewrite a new VIN onto an ECU that already has a VIN written on it.

You may want to talk to TC about getting a stock flash on a handheld to hopefully bring yours back to stock and bring all of the OBD-II onboard diagnostic tests online. The NGM reflash turns off about 5 of them.
i work for a new car dealer (i have worked for ford,bmw,and chrysler), all state machines have a spot to imput the vin number manually to avoid that issue. as long as the purchaser of the reflashed ecu makes the inspection station aware that the vin in the ecu is different there is no problem. also as far as getting an inspection. i have to assume that the obd tests are online. mine passed withthe reflashed ecu no problem at all. all monitors read ready when they should.

i have heard rumors that they were turned off but i would again assume that that problem was fixed.

news on throttle body??!!! it sold or what (i know im third in line)

tb is still avail.

·
Registered
166 Posts

Pic of the engine damper? Shipping to 61821? Also, I love your rims, do you remember how much you paid to get them powder coated? Thanks.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts

i work for a dealer, all state machines have a spot to imput the vin number manually to avoid that issue. as long as the purchaser of the reflashed ecu makes the inspection station aware that the vin in the ecu is different there is no problem. also as far as getting an inspection. i have to assume that the obd tests are online. mine passed withthe reflashed ecu no problem at all. all monitors read ready when they should.

i have heard rumors that they were turned off but i would again assume that that problem was fixed.

tb is still avail.
Incorrect sir, making the inspection station aware that the ECU is a swap out and is not vin matched is moot, the CEL for the P0630 is still registered as a fail on the IM240 and 247 plug and play, not to disuade anyone from buying your ECU, but the simple fact is it will not pass Emissions testing period. And of course the ECU passed emissions in your car as it is vin matched for your car and would not set a CEL for the P0630:3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Incorrect sir, making the inspection station aware that the ECU is a swap out and is not vin matched is moot, the CEL for the P0630 is still registered as a fail on the IM240 and 247 plug and play, not to disuade anyone from buying your ECU, but the simple fact is it will not pass Emissions testing period. And of course the ECU passed emissions in your car as it is vin matched for your car and would not set a CEL for the P0630:3_winkthu
i see what you are saying. but will it actually turn the cel on or will it just be a pending code in the ecu?

if it does not actually turn the cel on and just stays as a pending/inactive code then it will pass. (kind of like the code i have for my CAI - the dealer i used to go to would tell me about it everytime i went on for service - but it never triggered the light to actually come on so never had a problem with inspections with that either)
where else it the vin stored to know its a mismatch? bcm? worst case scenario the ecu and the coreresponding module can be sold for the same price to avoid such an issue.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts