Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to compile a list of parts from all different models of cars, performance wise that are compatible with our tibs ex.. Evo 8 rear sway bar, subaru injectors, hyundai's MU engine variant of the 2.7 delta which offered larger UI/LI manifolds for increased power output. etc etc.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Evo 8 rear sway bar works? Really?

The MU manifold works but with quite a bit of modification. The previous gen Tuscon 2.7l upper intake manifold is a straight swap and gives you variable stuff to mess with

XG350 and Santa Fe 3.5L brakes swap over and give you 2 piston front calipers and larger rotors.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I hear the maf from a Bmw x5, z3 (2979cc i6 engine) fits our car with no modification. Siemens #5WK96132 or #5WK96132 Z. Not 100% sure on that. Anyone else tried this?
I don't know if that's the correct part number, but what would be the point? If BMW owners buy Siemens MAFs with Hyundai part numbers because they're cheaper, then you would effectively just be paying more for the same thing if you bought the BMW version.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't know if that's the correct part number, but what would be the point? If BMW owners buy Siemens MAFs with Hyundai part numbers because they're cheaper, then you would effectively just be paying more for the same thing if you bought the BMW version.
I assumed it was bigger or something. Is it really just the same part? I guess don't include that on the list then. :frown2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the Evo 8 rear sway bar with moog endings tightens the rear right up. Ive got oNE sitting in my room that im waiting to install once it stops raining. And what year Tucson? What's different about the Tucson UI compared to the tibs?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah the Evo 8 rear sway bar with moog endings tightens the rear right up. Ive got oNE sitting in my room that im waiting to install once it stops raining. And what year Tucson? What's different about the Tucson UI compared to the tibs?
2006 Tucson, Sportage, Optima I believe. Might be others. UIM is bigger inside like the MU but still has the same mount for the TB. Also has the ability to use variable intake valves hooked up to a piggyback controller. Lots of good info here in these posts below.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/diy-engine/446242-diy-mu-intake-manfold-swap.html

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/v6-naturally-aspirated/441618-mu-intake-manifold.html

·
Registered
204 Posts
No, I'm pretty sure all v6 model Tibs 2003+ have the same intake. The one from the 2006 Tucson etc is just like the Mu intake (Bigger + variable valve intake) but with the same mounting plate as the Delta so it bolts right up to the stock throttle body without any modifications. I have one waiting to go into my car from a 2006 Sportage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are the gains the same between tucson intake and mu intake? i'm bringing the fact that the tucson doesn't really have more hp peak than our tib with the 2.7... but the Mu pulls 197hp in the 2010 cadenza and I doubt this 25hp is comming from de variable valve timing entirely. Personaly, I think that the tucson intake is better for low rpm range than our stock manifold, and when it ''kicks'', the runners are like oem tib intake. what do you think guys?

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
The Tuscon/Sportage intake has variable runner length by wrapping another plenum around in a U shape. Great for low end torque not so much for high end power. The MU Intake has variable runner and variable plenum size so you get low rpn torque and high end horsepower.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
It really depends on what you want out of your car. Either intake is a big improvement over the stock piece. The MU will give you more but it does take quite a bit of modification to fit properly and you have to fabricate some sort of throttle body adapter. The Tuscon/Sportage intake is a 100% direct swap.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
WRX injectors require some slight tweaks to fit and seal properly because of how the seal is on the WRX intake manifold. EVOX injectors are a direct swap as well as Nissan 350/370Z and R35 GTR. :)

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
What year did you get that sway bar from?
He hasn't been on here since 2017 so I doubt you'll get an answer (hint: click on anyone's username and see when their "last seen" date was.

So you gotta stop bumping all these old threads to chase down a rabbit hole that I'm pretty sure leads nowhere.

Look for Eibach, Progressive, or other sway bars that were designed for our cars. That said, be ready for the tabs on the struts to break when you put a stiffer sway bar and end links on there without strengthening them too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts