Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale here is a collection of parts I accumulated over the years with the best intentions to continue building the car that is for sale here: For Sale: 2003 2.7 6 Spd - I/H/E, Mishimoto Cooling...

As such, all parts were intended for a 2003 2.7L 6 speed specimen unless otherwise noted. Compatibility is your responsibility. Prices are in USD, include domestic shipping unless otherwise noted, and are somewhat flexible. Bundle discounts are encouraged, and if you live anywhere near Reno, NV we can meet up to eliminate shipping hassles. I'll try to check my PMs on here regularly, but email is really the best way to reach me: [email protected]

Album with all pictures: Parts

NGM 70mm BBTB - 500 - SOLD
I know this is a hot ticket item because they're only becoming more and more rare. This price will probably not budge unless it sits at least a month.

Crower Cams F8997 - 200 Plus Shipping
Cam Card: https://www.crower.com/searchresults/?part_num=f8997&x=0&y=0
I purchased these camshafts used and never got to install them, so I can't fully vouch for them in good conscience. The information I was given is that they came out of a 68,000 mile car, got reground by Crower, then installed for another 9,000 miles. Upon receiving them, I found there was scoring on some of the bearing surfaces, and a couple small nicks - all of which could probably be polished out or repaired. The lobes seem to be in perfect shape.

Fidanza Adjustable Cam Gears - 250 - SOLD
Like new - I was told they were installed on a set of cams but never actually run. Their perfect condition and the reputation of the person I bought them from leads me to believe this is true. These can be purchased new for 150-210 EACH from various online suppliers.

B&M Short Throw Shifter w/ WC Lathe Werks Stainless Shift Knob - 250
This is hands-down the best short shifter that was ever (or probably ever will be) produced for a 6 speed Tiburon. I purchased this one used off another forum member after using a Shark Racing shifter for a while and the difference in quality for both form and function is stunning. I then took it a step further and reached out to Chris at WC Lathe Werks - HOME to make a custom shift knob for me. He started with the same basic "piston" shape he makes for various platforms, machined out of solid 303 Stainless Steel with three rings of knurled finish at the top for a nice tactile grip. He then machined the appropriate thread size and depth, as well as lockout collar dimensions according to the measurements I had given him. It weighs just over a pound (1.1 lbs or 500.8 g). And yes, I bought a small kitchen scale to weigh it. For comparison: the aluminum knob that came with the Shark Racing shifter weighed 172 g, and the two stock shift knobs I had were 129 and 145. The quality is truly second-to-none, it fits perfectly on the B&M shifter, and feels amazing in the hand. I will not separate these and I probably won't budge on the price. In case you can't tell, this was one of my favorite things I ever did to this car.

Mu Intake Manifold Setup - 200 Plus Shipping - SOLD
This is a complete upper and lower intake manifold setup off the Mu variant of the 2.7L engine Hyundai Mu engine - Wikipedia. This manifold set boasts slightly larger runners and a larger plenum, as well as a 2-way variable intake system (two controllable actuators that alter the swirl and velocity of the intake charge - Engineering Explained on YouTube has a great video about it). I purchased this setup from a user on here as a bolt-on upgrade but only because it had a Delta-style throttle body flange JB-Welded on to make it so. I didn't like the idea of running it like that, so after some direction from the user I bought the parts from I found a 75ish millimeter Porsche throttle body (99 Boxster I think) that would be a good match for the inlet of the Mu upper manifold. I cut the stock flange off and had intended to have a new flange milled to match the Porsche TB and welded onto the manifold. Since it is no longer bolt-on and requires additional effort/money to make it work, I'm asking less than what I paid for it. Included is everything in the picture: upper and lower manifolds, fuel rails, stock Delta throttle body, Porsche throttle body, and wiring for the vacuum solenoids.

Steering Rack - 50 Plus Shipping
Used steering rack that came out of my car when I ditched the power steering. No play in it but I think it was leaking a bit when I pulled it, I would recommend the ACDelco rebuild kit available on RockAuto. Or if you're interested I can rebuild it for you or even do a manual conversion like I did for my car. 50 plus shipping for the bare rack as-is, 200+ and then shipping to rebuild it, depending on the quality of the parts. Shipping costs will probably be prohibitive, local deals preferred.

Nolathane Polyurethane Control Arm Bushings - 70
Brand new, in package. Front lower control arm, rear bushing. I ran another set of these on my car for about 5 years, about 20,000 miles and loved them. Part # REV030.0092, available from online vendors for $110+.

OEM MAF Sensor - 120 - SOLD
Genuine Hyundai OEM mass air flow sensor, new in package. Part # 28164-37200. Available online for 150-270. We all know these cars don't like aftermarket MAF sensors. I grabbed this one a while back just to have a spare.

OEM Crankshaft Position Sensor - 25 - SOLD
Genuine Hyundai OEM crankshaft position sensor, brand new in package. Part # 39180-37150. Something like 80 from the dealer, 65 from Amazon, 20-50 from sketchy eBay peddlers.

OEM Bosch 290cc Injectors - 50 - Sale Pending - beauvais
Used, good condition 290cc injectors for your boosted, cammed or E85 sippin' build.

Fel-Pro Valve Cover Gasket Set - 15 Plus Shipping - SOLD
Brand new complete set, in package. Part # VS-50640R. Running 25-40 online.

Fel-Pro Intake Manifold Gaskets - 10 Plus Shipping - SOLD
Brand new set with extra lower gaskets (set comes with upper and lowers, so when you don't pull the lower manifold off you end up with extras). Part # MS-96597. These will set you back 17-30 elsewhere, plus you won't get the extra lowers.

NGK Spark Plugs x6 - 30 - SOLD
Brand new, in package, yada yada yada... Part # BKR5EIX-11. These go for like 8.50 or more each at your local parts store.

Gates 170* Thermostat - 5 Plus Shipping - SOLD
Brand new, in package. Please be sensible and don't try to buy JUST this. It's like 13 bucks on the greedy sales-monger we call Amazon. If you're already paying for something else and ask nicely, I might just drop it in the bigger box FO' FREE.

High Rise Spoiler - 50
I don't even know how to price this. Paint is in poor shape, but if your car is white it will match. Third brake light works. Shipping is probably out of the question on this one too.

There might be pictures of a few other lower value items in the album linked above, take a peek and inquire if you need any of them. As with the lower value items listed, they just might get wrapped up with larger parts if I know they won't go to waste. And as I said before, bundle deals and local pickups are encouraged. Email me at [email protected] with any questions or offers. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
427 Posts
interested in your Injectors and ECU. I have a 2002 - 2003 V6 6 speed and think it will works once I verify. PM and I'll get you my emails address

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
296 Posts
I'm interested in the Mu intake bundle and ECM if that falls through. I might be interested in the cams if the damage isn't too bad. I just need to see close up photos of every knick and cam journal that's damaged. I need to know if you can catch your fingernail on any of the scoring or knicks.

I sent you an email last night about them but I don't know that it went through.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm interested in the Mu intake bundle and ECM if that falls through. I might be interested in the cams if the damage isn't too bad. I just need to see close up photos of every knick and cam journal that's damaged. I need to know if you can catch your fingernail on any of the scoring or knicks.

I sent you an email last night about them but I don't know that it went through.
I didn't get an email from you, but PM sent and parts marked!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Several parts have already sold, there are a couple of pending sales as well. Listings have been updated.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump bump.. Only a few things left! Super rare B&M shifter, Crower cams, Nolathane bushings still available!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts