Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought the car and the passenger window didnt work if i pressed the switch on the drivers side you can hear the passenger switch click not the motor just the switch then i did something idk what but then it rolled all the way down back up then down then up then stopped again when i shut the door any ideas? relays are all good and fuses.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
did you mistakenly push the passenger window lockout switch? thats the one with the X across it. ive done that just cleaning the inside up and sat and wondered why the window didnt work. you mentioned you closed the door. was the door open when the window began working properly? if thats the case, you might have a broken wire in the door harness.

·
Super Moderator
8,716 Posts
Did you mistakenly push the passenger window lockout switch? thats the one with the X across it. I've done that just cleaning the inside up and sat and wondered why the window didn't work. You mentioned you closed the door, was the door open when the window began working properly? If thats the case, you might have a broken wire in the door harness.
+1, @oni888 covered all the basics. If that is not the issue (lock out button), let us know. Also, are there signs of new speakers in the doors? If so, maybe they didn't get connectors inside the door properly seated.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
So i bought the car and the passenger window didnt work if i pressed the switch on the drivers side you can hear the passenger switch click not the motor just the switch then i did something idk what but then it rolled all the way down back up then down then up then stopped again when i shut the door any ideas? relays are all good and fuses.
Try opening the door and shutting again and test. Or just firmly tap the door panel and try it. Not sure what year you have, but many early gk's had window issues with motors going out. I had do a similar thing where it worked intermittently tapping on the door helped. And my 04 was only six months old at the time.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It's the window motor

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its an 03 Tiburon and its not the motor if i tested the motor and ill check the switch but no the window was slightly down with the door closed and i oppened the door and it started working then stopped and no no signs of new speakers

·
Super Moderator
8,716 Posts
Most window motor issues are grease on the commutator (the copper bits on the armature) along with hung brushes.
Next is worn out brushes.
Every once in a while you get an internal short in the armature which may cause a "dead spot". What happens is that if the motor stops on the dead spot, it won't move until you get off the bad spot (spin the motor a few degrees). Once off the bad spot, it works fine until the next time it stops there. The only real fix is replace the motor unless you have the tools & materials to rewind it.

So, if the motor is out, open it up, clean it, light scotchbrite on the comm., new bearing grease, check that the brushes move freely, reassemble & test.

·
Registered
7 Posts
did you mistakenly push the passenger window lockout switch? thats the one with the X across it. ive done that just cleaning the inside up and sat and wondered why the window didnt work. you mentioned you closed the door. was the door open when the window began working properly? if thats the case, you might have a broken wire in the door harness.

This helped me today lol

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts