Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on installing a SuperAFC or E-Manage on your 03 -06 model tibby? Don’t want to cut the factory harness? Well, here’s what you may want. An ECU patch harness is a simple idea. All your wiring would be done to the subharness and then plugged in between the ECU and the factory harness. As simple as that. If you want to change the car back to factory, just pull the patch harness out.

would anyone would be interested in these if i can start producing them? since i work at the dealer, i can get the correct connectors for any tibby.

Any Interest?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
i asked around about doing this when i first started installing piggybacks and was told it would be horribly expensive to manufacture. if you do find someone to do it, it would be really awesome!

so i say go for it!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I really like the idea and would have liked to have one when i was installing my safc2. well to give u a price to see if its worthwile or not... id say that i wouldnt pay more then 35-40 at the very most for it.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Can you really put a price cap on not having to wedge your fingers underneath and solder without burning your forehead? :)

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
There was someone else on here that acquired all the plugs and stuff from overseas and was going to work on these. If you can make these I'd be willing to pay $50 for one for sure.

Cutting the wires (and voiding warranty) is the only thing stopping me from tuning my AF.

PLEASE MAKE THESE! :3_yes:

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
So, now that we've established that there is an interest...... when can we expect to see pics of a prototype?? :3_nosthum

I know it will be a while....im just so damn anxious to get one so i can tune

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good to see there is an interest. i will be hand making these as ordered. price will be over 50 dollars. It most likely will depend heavily on the supply costs. i've seen some that cost 140, i'm trying to stay around 85 to 120. i have to get figures worked out.

remember this will save LOTS of time when installing anything. that stock harness just isnt long enough being wrapped behind the heater core. since there is this much interest, i'll try to have prototype beginning of the year.

It will work for both I4 and V6 tibs. just have to tell me before hand on engine size and manual or auto tranny. i will most likely need the VIN just to be safe. I'm thinking ship time after ordering will probably be about 5 business days to give me needed time to make it. They would be shipped via UPS ground.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If that price range is too high just let me know. i'll try to get them done for as low as i can while still getting some kind of benefit. I can also offer the work of wiring something into the harness before i send it out. If you have an safc, just send me the subharness and i'll solder it in for direct plug n play operation.

·
Registered
247 Posts
hey I did buy you one 100% sure if you stay in a good price let say under $100.... I haven't buy an new neo just thinking I have to do all that work....Please do then or at least PM me when you have then ready and I will take one so you can start.......

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A member here also pointed me in the direction of making them long enough to relocate the ECM into the glove compartment or anywhere else. That is also an option. Just let me know what you would like. After i get the members vehicle info, hopefully i will be able to get the first one together soon (busy as hell at the dealer with warranty work).

1 - 20 of 82 Posts