Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are apparenty street legal and "HID" appearance, running 40-50 bucks. Anyone have & like/dislike them?

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,687 Posts
I would highly suggest real HID's. You can get them for 10-20 $ more than that, and I bet the popboys ones are just tinted bulbs, lowering the light output.

·
Registered
761 Posts
They are apparenty street legal and "HID" appearance, running 40-50 bucks. Anyone have & like/dislike them?
No.

You can get a set of HIDs for $50 (or a little more)...much better light output. With the "HID appearance" bulbs, they're just colored bulbs and a lot of the time they're over 55W...which will kill your headlight harnesses. I tried tons of these bulbs in my old car...and they were sh!t.

If you want the HID look get HIDs :3_nosthum

PS: As for the "street legal" part, I've had HIDs for 2 years now and haven't gotten pulled over for them. As long as they're aimed properly you'll be fine.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
As for the "street legal" part, I've had HIDs for 2 years now and haven't gotten pulled over for them. As long as they're aimed properly you'll be fine.
HID's in our car are street legal because our lens for our low beams are projector lenses. i know this is legal because i have them on both my lows and fogs and passed my inspection.

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
HID's in our car are street legal because our lens for our low beams are projector lenses. i know this is legal because i have them on both my lows and fogs and passed my inspection.
but it is modifying the oem lights, which is some states could be illegal, technically

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
actually it violates a federal guideline for lighting, which was amended in late 04 stating that hid conversions were illegal ... ive posted this before but i guess no one pays attention. just because no one has bothered you about it doesnt mean its legal, it just means they dont care

http://calcoast-itl.com/assets/NHTSA Interpretations 2004 Review.pdf

i cant copy the text of it, but it goes by date, scroll to page 2 to date 11/5/04

to answer the original question ... i tried those type bulbs spent alot on them, the light output is horrible, just get real ones they are cheap now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts