Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003 GT with 43,000 miles on her. Ive always been a car audio guy, but I want to finally soup the tib up for performance.

Heres what I plan on doing:
Injen SRI
Headers, Exhaust
Supercharger
Clutch (need one bad)
Flywheel (why not)

What else do I need from here? Motor mounts? Fuel system?
What else do I need to safely run the supercharger setup? How do I go about getting this done? How do I maintain the system once installed? What if the car breaks down, what kind of shops could service it?

Thanks!
jason

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
yes you will want motor mounts with a s/c. larger injectors, and a fuel tuner.. there are a couple options out there, mafterburner, apexi safc 2, neo.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Actually shouldn't the stock injectors be able to support that list of mods assuming he stays at stage 0 or for you NGM fanboys a base level Sniper.?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
For the hater... Yes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok whats redouts?

Also, I'm leaning towards the alpine stage 2 here. I want to do this right, and spare no expense.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
jasontib777 said:
I learned nothing from this thread.
OK...........

·
Registered
631 Posts
jasontib777 said:
ok whats redouts?

Also, I'm leaning towards the alpine stage 2 here. I want to do this right, and spare no expense.
For the same price yo0u could go with the assassin kit by ngm and it comes with everything you need.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmmm, I see. So how reliable do you guys think the assassin is? This car is still my daily driver.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aright, sounds like the assassin is what I want. Now, where can I go in Pittsburgh to get this sucker bolted on?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You will need an oil catch can for the increase in pressure. Now if I can only find a true straight answer on how this should be hooked up. I think I have seen 3 different ways they were hooked up.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you need this, why wouldnt it be included in the kit?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
jasontib777 said:
If you need this, why wouldnt it be included in the kit?

recomended not needed thats like saying why dont they give me a clutch basically. its like 30 bucks on ebay.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I just called SpeedNation here in pittsburgh, and the guy said it would only be $600 for the labor to install the supercharger. The other stuff is extra. But that doesnt seem too bad. He quoted me a full tuning job for $12,000 that would include supercharger, clutch, suspension, headers, exhaust, fual map, etc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts