Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if you can do this here, so please correct me. I was curious to see pics of custom exhausts?

If I were to go with a single exhaust instead of dual......what size pipe? 3 inch too big?

Anyways...........please post pics!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
3 inch to big if your N/A...

If i were you, i'd go single... go 2.5 :)

But you're probably gona have to cut the bumper due to having a empty space

·
Registered
647 Posts
well i found 3 pics of my custom exhaust.. i think the pipin was 2.5in.. not too sure though.. its the universal mussa muffler..

from the oldest to the most recent:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts

enjoy

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
I have a single 2.5 inch SS piping to an Apexi N1 muffler.

Bought it for $75

Sweet.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Zaion that is a long a$$ muffler.... looks similar to my setup...

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
nice.. what did that run you?
I'd tell you if it were mine... lol

Mine looks similar exept its painted etirely black and its 3" from the turbo

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
if i was yours....?
ummm?

I mean if that (one i posted) exhaust were mine... I found it in my KDM pics on my PC

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice. I love the single setups. Just what I wanted. Thanks for all the replies. Anymore?

I was thinking about a 2.5 under axle setup. Wrapped with DEI heat wrap into some sort of carbon fiber muffler. Similar to a HKS Ti for a Supra.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A new shop is opening at the end of my road, called Kamikaze motorsports. Guys are big into RX7's (has several one of which was in S3 magazine.....runs 9s has 603 hp....sick), talked to him and asked him if he would make a single exhaust for me. He said he would love to. Stainless pipe, tack it in place, drop it down then tig/mig it together. I am gonna get the pipes and he is waiting for a new welder....hopefully soon I will have a new exhaust that looks the ****.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
My shop told me that the stock piping on my 06 exhaust is already 2.25. I want him to build me a duel system to single chamber flowmaster mufflers. Anybody have Flowmaster mufflers on their V6? I've been itching to know what it would sound like.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i was at the custom shop last month to get a quote.. i have an 03 gt 5 spd... he told me i should split right after the cat.. he said he could put a y-pipe in and run 2" pipes to each muffler.. i think the quote was near 300

1 - 19 of 19 Posts