Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im planning on getting a HID kit for my Tib. I would appreicate it if anyone would post pics of their Tib with HIDS(preferably red Tibs but I will be thankful for any) Also if anyone can recommend a certian kit and Kelvin for a red tib.(I think I am stuck on 8000K)
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
well... i'll post some pics up a little later of my 8000k.. be sure to get the relay harness if you get the halo kit

·
Registered
4,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am very well....stupid when it comes to HIDs lol. Is there a kit that I can get that wouldnt require a relay? or that comes with one?(also what does a relay do? :3_confuse )

·
Registered
558 Posts
the relay harness takes power directly from the battery so that you won't fry your bcm... i believe uneek said that only the 06's need the relay harness... but when i installed my relay harness, i could tell that my lights were a little brighter and stronger...

edit:

Fixer has a kit out that comes with a relay harness... u have a lot of options here bro lol

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
8K for the win...I couldn't find the link to my old supervision HID's when I ordered a kit for my new ride a few weeks ago...the kit I got now is crap in comparison...I will be getting another supervision kit now I got the link from Phil again...

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
i've actually done some reading.. OEM's use 5300K. I think I'm going with that.

I was going to run 6k in my bike and in the car, but I'm going to go with the OEM Kelvin and see what the difference is.

As stated above, my kits DO come with a relay harness.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Most OEM actually use 4300K. The different purple and blue that you see on S2000's and BMWs comes from the optics in the headlights, and how they split and refract the light.

I had a Philips 4300K kit on my 300ZX before I got my Tib, and they looked great. Blue/green on startup that fades to pure white, not ricy purple.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
SEAN said:
8K for the win...I couldn't find the link to my old supervision HID's when I ordered a kit for my new ride a few weeks ago...the kit I got now is crap in comparison...I will be getting another supervision kit now I got the link from Phil again...

Why does it look like they shine alot? is it the pic quality? because i like it alot compare to the others. btw i thought it was 6k for super whites? now its 4k??? i want no blue...

·
Registered
653 Posts
TATTOO said:
Why does it look like they shine alot? is it the pic quality? because i like it alot compare to the others. btw i thought it was 6k for super whites? now its 4k??? i want no blue...
That pic obviously has a star filter on the lense (or a photoshop trick afterwards).

6000k's look more white on the road than 4300ks, but looking from the front, they look a little blue-ish. 4300k is the standard that automobile manufacturers use on BMW, Lexus, Cadi, ect. While the bulbs themselves do not emit a blue colour, the projector lenses will give off a "prizm" effect and show some blue at certain angles.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
TATTOO said:
That picture has been taken using a special lens filter to make it look the way it does. It doesn't actually look like that in person.

My HID kit does not require a relay harness. I've sold the kits to well over 60 NT members.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
I've got 8K, wish I had 6K. 8K is a little too blue for my taste. 6K is a sharper, more white light.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts