Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I busted one of my rims and they are a discontinued model so i need to pick up a new set but all of my money is going towards a new clutch. I know a guy who is selling a set of 16" lightweight racing rims for a 100 bucks so i'd figure it would be a nice cheap temporary fix.

But i do think it would look weird on the tib, especially since we have such big wheel wells.

So if you have a picture of your tib with aftermarket (preferred) rims and it's lowered can you please post a picture?

Doesn't matter what color it is.

Thanks

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
depinga.... I guess i'll be the first tib on 16's lol

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tanelk said:
just go to stock 16's
dont like how the stockers look....they are also heavy as hell and finally it will be cheaper for me to go with the aftermarket ones

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is your car lowered?

·
Banned
93 Posts
it is going to look a little awkward, cavi style, if you put low profile tires on them. Since this is a temporary fix as you say i would just go with a stock sized 205/55 tire because it would probably be cheaper anyway. In that case it would look like you are just poor, but at least not ricer poor.lol

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks scotch..

Not sure flogging, waiting to hear back from the guy

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
screw it i think i'm going to get them and paint them flat black so they look bigger... i'll update you guys on this.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i would be willing to get some lightweight 16's for track usage,

probably wouldnt look half bad if your car was ATLEAST lowered

·
Registered
867 Posts
My car is lowered and the stock 16s still look like garbage lol

·
Registered
981 Posts
i actually thought my stock 16's look nice on my car, and was gonna just keep them like that, but of course income tax came and i couldnt resist

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
MoogLe said:
that's cause those rims are butt ugly :)
Oh I totally agree, but it is hard to drop 1k on a set of new rims before winter time. plus for 1k I would rather make the car faster..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts