Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys? I just wanted to see everyones opinion on this unit. I went to the local audio shop near my job and they were asking $599 to purchase and install the unit. I went on crutchfields website and they have it on sale for $449.99 which includes free shipping and all of the installation gear. That sounds like a good deal to me, but I happened to check out amazon and saw they had it on sale for $339.00. The only thing that sucks is that it doesn't include the installation gear. So now I have a few questions.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVHP310/Pioneer-AVH-P3100DVD.html?tp=20217

1. Would it be cheaper to buy it from crutchfield with the installation gear or buy it from amazon and have to find the gear for it?

2. Is this install for these units a pita? I'm pretty good with electronics, but i'd rather not screw something up if it would be easier to just bring it to an audio store and let them do it.

3. If you guys don't like this unit, is there another unit thats comparible in price that you would recommend? I'm really not a fan of the flip out DVD players, so a double din is a must. I'm trying not to spend more than $400 if possible.

4. Have you heard of anyone with double din stereos getting theirs stolen? Thats my biggest fear since I don't live in the best neighborhood atm. I spoke with the guy at the stereo shop and he said that it rarely happens, but somehow I doubt that lol. I'd love to have a double din with a detachable face, but the only model i've seen so far with that feature is the JVC KW-AVX810.

Sorry for all the questions. I did a search, but couldn't find any info on the particular model. I'm kind of new to this car audio thing :2_confuse . Thanks!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
id just buy the unit that comes with the installation gear (wiring harness, etc.). installing these shouldnt be too difficult. if you are good with electronics, and you follow the directions it should be pretty simple. if your windows are tinted, it shouldn't be too noticeable that you have a double din unit in there. if you are concerned about theft, you might just be better off getting a flip out, but thats just my opinion. thats why i went with the Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, i was concerned about someone noticing it and someone breaking into my car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
id just buy the unit that comes with the installation gear (wiring harness, etc.). installing these shouldnt be too difficult. if you are good with electronics, and you follow the directions it should be pretty simple. if your windows are tinted, it shouldn't be too noticeable that you have a double din unit in there. if you are concerned about theft, you might just be better off getting a flip out, but thats just my opinion. thats why i went with the Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, i was concerned about someone noticing it and someone breaking into my car.
I heard those flip out DVD players tend to break after awhile. I don't have my windows tinted atm. Tinting my windows where I live would probably be a bad idea anyway since they would break my windows thinking i'm hiding something expensive in it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I heard those flip out DVD players tend to break after awhile. I don't have my windows tinted atm. Tinting my windows where I live would probably be a bad idea anyway since they would break my windows thinking i'm hiding something expensive in it.
well just a suggestion check out this thread, another user asked a question about fitment and DVD double din stuff, ive got maybe 200$ in the whole thing the pics are of the install and im satisfied! not the best unit in the world but a really good unit. my thoughts behind it was cheap enough if it got jacked than im out only 200 instead of 500 or 600

http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168610

the pics are of the install yesterday so its not been flush mounted yet!

hope i could help

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've got this unit. There's pics in the Member Profile section. This is how I did it:

Amazon: Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD - $300
Crutchfield: installation accessories - $35 (including shipping) You need both dash kit and wiring harness.

installation takes about an hour because you have to splice a bunch of wires.

Great unit! Only thing is that if you want to watch videos from your iPhone/Ipod, you have to buy their cable ($60!!!!!!!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts