Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
:challengeaccepted1:
WOW, this is great info, I'm currently working on getting my I/H/E done before I go boosted, but I probably won't get headers if I'm going boost in the future, so i don't buy something then just get rid of it later, I'll also definitely be getting a FI/C because if you're going to go boost, why not already have the tuner installed to make it easier on yourself :wiggle:
Oh how the plans have changed in just a few short weeks lol.

But on the note of having a tuner installed, yes I agree with that statement. You should always install and test your tuner before making major upgrades so you know how it operates under normal conditions.

·
Registered
231 Posts
:challengeaccepted1:

Oh how the plans have changed in just a few short weeks lol.

But on the note of having a tuner installed, yes I agree with that statement. You should always install and test your tuner before making major upgrades so you know how it operates under normal conditions.
I learned a little more about how everything works in our engines, and I thought, why not try to build it high compression instead ;)

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I do wish you good luck! I like the idea of having support of those around you, but you Sir are venturing into no mans land. For that I applaud your efforts!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I do wish you good luck! I like the idea of having support of those around you, but you Sir are venturing into no mans land. For that I applaud your efforts!
Why THANK YOU SIR! :domodance_4: I do like creating new ideas that sound cool and haven't been done very often :domodance_4:

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hello,
This site was really informative but i can,t understand something,so please anybody can help me to know about this site.thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey recently ive been getting started on upgrading my 2007 Tiburon gs, I recently cracked my flex pipe so I wanted to start with the exhaust and work my way up to the headers and intake. I need some ideas on what type of exhaust would best. not sure if I should just get a new high flow cat and new mufflers and eliminate the flex pipe or get a whole new exhaust system installed. Im not trying to dump a lot of money into this but I will not slack on getting quality parts if I need to please let me know any ideas on parts that would help me gain some power with the exhaust but wont get rid of all the back pressure

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow this really Helped (i think) a lot of us, Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish I could give you infinite rep, I will reference this thread anytime I decide to make a performance upgrade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks man! Where I'm from, the tibs isn't really that much of a hit! so forums are very rare! This is brilliant! All I needed. I'm going to build referencing this post

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just wanted to add.

If you're going to do n/a mods, do a few at once if you want to see the biggest increase. For example, an intake won't do much by itself. At least for the couple Beta 2's I've owned it never did.

However, I did a full CAI, which I wrapped in DEI cool tape to keep radiant heat away, I ported/polished the hell out of the TB and upper IM, did the TB coolant bypass, and installed a phenolic spacer all at once. I already had a full exhaust including a header, and it really made the engine scream. Between all the mods I probably lost a tad of bottom end over stock, but the mid and high range is way better. It races to smash off the limiter in every gear, doesn't fall on it's face past 5k. It loves the 4k-redline range.

I kept it simple without getting into things too complicated n/a, and it gave good results. Just basically tried to get as much air smoothly in and out, and did everything I could to keep underhood temps low and intake temps low. Even after 20-25 minutes of high-rpm runs around the roadcourse I can pop the hood and rest my hand right on the intake manifold, it's lukewarm at best.

It still doesn't make a lot of power, however it makes it a LOT more fun to drive

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
well said

I just wanted to add.

If you're going to do n/a mods, do a few at once if you want to see the biggest increase. For example, an intake won't do much by itself. At least for the couple Beta 2's I've owned it never did.

However, I did a full CAI, which I wrapped in DEI cool tape to keep radiant heat away, I ported/polished the hell out of the TB and upper IM, did the TB coolant bypass, and installed a phenolic spacer all at once. I already had a full exhaust including a header, and it really made the engine scream. Between all the mods I probably lost a tad of bottom end over stock, but the mid and high range is way better. It races to smash off the limiter in every gear, doesn't fall on it's face past 5k. It loves the 4k-redline range.

I kept it simple without getting into things too complicated n/a, and it gave good results. Just basically tried to get as much air smoothly in and out, and did everything I could to keep underhood temps low and intake temps low. Even after 20-25 minutes of high-rpm runs around the roadcourse I can pop the hood and rest my hand right on the intake manifold, it's lukewarm at best.

It still doesn't make a lot of power, however it makes it a LOT more fun to drive

221 - 240 of 240 Posts