Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably my third/fourth time painting my calipers in the last 10 months. This time I have rotors coming, so I completely took the calipers off!

You can't really tell by the pic, but they turned out pretty good. Some of them crazed in a few spots, but a little touch-up will have them looking great. I'll probably have a mess trying to get them back on the car again, since I suck!

Anyone know what these little things are called? Also, two are bigger than the rest!? I had them in a jar with a bunch of bolts and sprayed some sort of solvent in there, they enlarged!? I'm pretty sure, they use to be even bigger!? Check the second/third one out. Maybe they were like that, I don't know! ; )

·
Registered
616 Posts
im not sure what the official names are for those rubber peices but they cover your slide bolts, they keep dirt and grime off of them. Rubber parts usually do swell when introduced to solvent, that probably wasnt a good move, sounds like a trip to the dealer to get some new ones.

·
Banned
181 Posts
Sometimes a short time in the freezer can bring them back to semi "normal" size. Enough to were you can use them again.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I was in the process of cleaning them, and I left them in the jar. ; ) As you can see, the rest still have paint from me painting my calipers yellow and red in the past. ; ) I'll just hit up the dealership. I'm sure they'll be like a dollar/piece.. Thanks for the replies. Oh, they use to be huge, but they're are just a little bigger than the rest now.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Oh no... the dealership will most likely charge you about $16 a piece. Mark my words. Bwahahaha.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't start with me Paul! I went in yesterday for some screws/bleeder caps and they only charged me like $.50/piece. I was amazed, it almost seemed like a decent price. ; )

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
That's probably because they dug them out of a toolbox and kept the petty cash.

·
Registered
666 Posts
ooooh...shiny! lets see them with your new rotors...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts