Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a 2003 Tiburon GT V6 2.7L Standard 6Speed that I rebuilt. I am having a problem after in rains a lot or after going through a car wash with my speakers "Crackling" real bad! Both door window seals are new an I can't figure out where the water is coming from! Please share any experience you may have correcting this issue with me so I can fix this. If you refer to a part or drain etc will you please be kind enough to share where it is located or how to locate it. Thank you all SO much! This is such a great forum!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Which speakers are crackling?

Do you have a sunroof? If so there are drain tubes that go from each corner of the sunroof down to the wheel well areas. The rear ones are more prone to leaking into the rear speakers than the fronts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply,

Yes I have a sunroof. Front door mostly, occasionally the 6x9's by the rear seats as well.

·
Administrator
8,961 Posts
Which speakers are crackling?

Do you have a sunroof? If so there are drain tubes that go from each corner of the sunroof down to the wheel well areas. The rear ones are more prone to leaking into the rear speakers than the fronts.
Agreed.....several threads on this and other sites.
I use a length (6'/2 meters) of weedwhacker plastic string down each drain tube to clear them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
THE
Hi! I have a 2003 Tiburon GT V6 2.7L Standard 6Speed that I rebuilt. I am having a problem after in rains a lot or after going through a car wash with my speakers "Crackling" real bad! Both door window seals are new an I can't figure out where the water is coming from! Please share any experience you may have correcting this issue with me so I can fix this. If you refer to a part or drain etc will you please be kind enough to share where it is located or how to locate it. Thank you all SO much! This is such a great forum!
The Bottom of your Doors on the inside, Take a Door panel off n see....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts