Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 05 tib gtv6. And I've had HID's on there for about 3 months! and today I noticed that one of my headlight was out! So I go under the hood to investigate, and I come to find the fuse on the hid harness has blown!!! I pulled the fuse out and it says its a 7.5 32V So I figured if I just put a 5 in there it would work. So I put a 5 in and the headlight did not turn on so I took thet fuse out and the fuse was blown!!! I dont think that just becuase it needs a 7.5 32v wich I've never heard of I didnt think it would blow a 5 that easy! I'm starting to wonder if something is causing it to short out or do I just need to replace the fuse with exact one that i put in there!!! and where can I get a 7.5 32v fuse? Has anyone ever had this problem before? Please Im not trying to get flamed Im just trying to resolve this problem so I can drive when it gets dark out!!! I dont wanna have to go and buy another set of bulbs and take my HID's out!! :3_frusty:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well, step one is to buy a replacement fuse. If that doesn't work, you'll then know that's not the problem. After that, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry... :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
Can you not use a meter and go hunting for the short, connect it where the fuse goes, then by the ballast and then where the bulb is. Not sure if it will help, but thought it might give you an idea where the problem is.

NoS

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright guys thanks for the help I found out what was wrong it was as simple as a fuse!!! thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok I'm still having these problems! I've narrowed it down to the the bulb or the fuse holder or those wires. I took the ballast and switched them and they work fine!! when i turn it on it turns on but stay really dim then after about 10 seconds it goes out its not blowing the fuse or anything!! I dont think it could be the bulb because from what I know if a bulb works then its gonna work if its bad it wont even turn on. But I could be wrong because Im not to knowledgable when it comes to Hid's so if anybody out there can help me out pleae speak up thank you guys. Also I was also reading about a BCM burning out if you dont have a relay harness if anybody out there knows what this is let me know once again thanks for the help guys..........Please help me I need headlights at night to drive!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you bring it by my shop I could give you a 7.5 fuse or are you not having anymore probs... Im in hampton send me a pm... if you think I could help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts