Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased some Nology Hotwires, i got the front three on fine, but the rear three are hard to reach under the intake manifold, i was just wondering if i have to take the intake manifold off or if anyones left it on and been able to install? i didnt have time to let my engine cool down so i couldnt touch anything

·
Registered
617 Posts
drew04GT said:
if you're N/A isnt it a bad idea to use them ? i thought they retard your timing
Uhhh no ... how the hell would wires retard your timing?

·
Registered
355 Posts
yea in theory... but thats theory. I dont think its gonna do any harm to N/A engines, I know alot of people have em. Its so minimal its bearly anything. All that built in capasitor crap is just a coiled wire wrapped around the spark wire.

·
Registered
486 Posts
i think you're confusing the plug wires with the plugs maybe... if you get colder plugs essentially you will be retarding your timing... it's not *bad* to retard the timing tho, and it's def. good if you're running any type of F/I.

but yeah, remove the upper IM... i'm doing the same tomorrow, putting in new plugs and replacing the wires... apparently you can do it without removing the throttle body, just the 6 screws in front and the three in the back of the IM, and then disconnect the intake from the TB and just rock the IM up vertically.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks! ill do it this weekend when i have time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts