Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Poly motor mounts.

4K views 57 replies 16 participants last post by  Doomsday Postcard 
#1 · (Edited)
I am wanting to gauge interest on making some poly motor mounts. I am currently in the process of making mine and I have come up with a way of using the stock sleeves instead of trying to use a piece of copper pipe that will never hold up. I also leave the metal ring inside the mount. This adds strength to the mount.

I am wanting to do a core type system so that I can have the mounts pre made and keep the turnaround time short.

I have a powder coating operation where I will be able to powder coat the motor mount any color you like. This however will cost more than the unfinished mount and likely take more time to get your mounts back to you.

I have a couple questions for you guys.

1.) How many of you would be interested?
2.) would you guys be interested in the powder coating option? (Due to time vs cost restrictions I will not offer powder-coating unless under some special situations i.e. Show car)

Just a estimate at the moment I am thinking $115 shipped for both front and rear mounts unfinished with a $50 core that I will refund with return of your old mounts.

So, what do you think?

UPDATE:

Here is the pics of my latest set of mounts.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you can keep up with the demand, that sounds sweet to me. I was contemplating poly mounts for my NA build, but wasn't sure on which way to go. If you can offer them for that price, it sounds pretty sweet to me.

#8 ·
Understood, Please keep in mind. I am gauging interest into this project. I will get the support of the forum prior to starting the project.

#5 ·
Interested, I prefer very little flex

#9 ·
Just a little update. Due to the interest I do plan on pursuing this idea. I am currently in the testing phase of the project. I will not speak to the Mods until I am 100% confident that I am putting a good product out. I will not waist your hard earned money and my time on something that is not going to hold up to the abuse.

If you guys/girls have any questions or suggestions. Please feel free to PM me.

#13 ·
Yeah I am with Accelerator, i need one for my tranny mount under the battery.
I will have to get a hold of a old mount and see if I could make a mold for it.

I'd like to see some prototypes to better base my opinion on whether I'd want to back this venture :)
I am currently running prototypes on my car. I have to say that I love them. The car feels like a sports car should. I can honestly feel the clutch engagement and the gears meshing during shifts. There is slight vibration in the car during idle, but goes away as soon as I accelerate. I no longer have issues with finding gears under acceleration. I also noticed the car sounds incredible in the cabin now.

I have not put the car up on the lift yet to inspect the mounts. I don't feel any need to yet. I am going to give it a few more weeks before I inspect them or if I feel something different that may raise a concern.

I can and will post pictures of my next set. I would have taken pictures of my first set but at that time I was unsure if I wanted to continue making them. Its a PITA to get a old set ready to be casted.

#24 ·
You might want to read the forum rules about selling and sponsorship prior to this venture. You currently don't have enough posts to be selling anything on NewTiburon.com. Please contact the Admin team if you are serious with this venture.
What do you say guys? Do I get your blessings to continue?

#14 ·
Interested in the front, rear, and transmission mounts.

#16 ·
I have posted pictures of my mounts at the top of the thread. Thanks for your interest guys.

#20 ·
Thanks, I am able to keep the prices low as long as the "core" system works. Otherwise, I have to hunt around for old mounts or just straight up buy new ones. That would get expensive quick.

I'd be interested in just a rear...
I really dont want to break up the sets. We will see though. I need to make another mold to keep things moving. If there is a high enough demand for just the rear, I will consider it.

Lookin good there, i just seen the pics. Looks like a quality product. Hope everything works out for you
Thanks man, I really appreciate the compliment. Its certainly positive motivation.

#23 · (Edited)
I agree, I have looked at pictures of the tranny mount. It will be hard to cast that. If I can get a hold of a mount, I will start working on a mold for them. I dont think its impossible just not going to be a cake walk if you know what I mean.

If anybody wants to donate a tranny mount for me to work on, I will pay the shipping. Just PM me so we can set something up.

I have an NGM solid Billet front and I'd only want a poly to soften up the vibrations as one front solid is plenty of holding power...
I have crunched some numbers for you. If you want just one mount I can give it to you for $75 shipped. Its not as good of a deal as buying the set but its still a cheaper option. The core will still be $50, its imperative that I get the mounts back if I want to continue doing this.

#30 ·
I am all for trying to do the tyranny mounts as well. I need some help from the community though. I have only found 2 salvage tiburons in my area and they are pretty well picked apart. I will need a sample part to build a mould from. I am willing to pay shipping if someone is willing to send me a donor mount.

#33 ·
-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041571
V6 6 speed trans.
-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041576
V6 5 speed trans.
-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041572
V6 Auto

-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041573
I4 5 speed trans.
-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041575
I4 Auto

All different part #s, but comparing the pictures to eachother on rockauto, they look the same for i4 and v6, manual or not.
It's just a little difficult to be 100% because the pictures are not all in the same orientation, but the bolt locations all look the same to me. I'll grab stock part #s.

#35 ·
Honestly the pictures do look like the same mounting places, just the insert itself looks different to me.

#36 ·
I need one for i4 front.

Let me know

#37 ·
I'm still working on getting a old set of mounts for you I4 guys. Its hard to come by parts for these cars where I live and I have had little success on here getting a old set. I don't expect them for free either. I honesty think its the time of year. Holidays and all going on. I will keep you posted when I make a mould for the I4 mounts.

#38 ·
I have an i4 parts car with both mounts available. PM GK27V6... I'm sure we can cut you a good deal. :)

#39 ·
Hah! He has PMed me a few days ago. Hes a really cool guy. I am waiting on a quote from him regarding the mounts and a few other parts I am needing. Shipping is going to suck though.

#43 ·
Yea it's a manual i4.

#44 ·
Pm me when I4 Mount are ready!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.