Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wanting to gauge interest on making some poly motor mounts. I am currently in the process of making mine and I have come up with a way of using the stock sleeves instead of trying to use a piece of copper pipe that will never hold up. I also leave the metal ring inside the mount. This adds strength to the mount.

I am wanting to do a core type system so that I can have the mounts pre made and keep the turnaround time short.

I have a powder coating operation where I will be able to powder coat the motor mount any color you like. This however will cost more than the unfinished mount and likely take more time to get your mounts back to you.

I have a couple questions for you guys.

1.) How many of you would be interested?
2.) would you guys be interested in the powder coating option? (Due to time vs cost restrictions I will not offer powder-coating unless under some special situations i.e. Show car)

Just a estimate at the moment I am thinking $115 shipped for both front and rear mounts unfinished with a $50 core that I will refund with return of your old mounts.

So, what do you think?

UPDATE:

Here is the pics of my latest set of mounts.

·
Registered
373 Posts
If you can keep up with the demand, that sounds sweet to me. I was contemplating poly mounts for my NA build, but wasn't sure on which way to go. If you can offer them for that price, it sounds pretty sweet to me.

·
Retired NT Staff
4,119 Posts
You might want to read the forum rules about selling and sponsorship prior to this venture. You currently don't have enough posts to be selling anything on NewTiburon.com. Please contact the Admin team if you are serious with this venture.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Interested, I prefer very little flex

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Maybe. How would a mechanic charge to install them?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might want to read the forum rules about selling and sponsorship prior to this venture. You currently don't have enough posts to be selling anything on NewTiburon.com. Please contact the Admin team if you are serious with this venture.
Understood, Please keep in mind. I am gauging interest into this project. I will get the support of the forum prior to starting the project.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a little update. Due to the interest I do plan on pursuing this idea. I am currently in the testing phase of the project. I will not speak to the Mods until I am 100% confident that I am putting a good product out. I will not waist your hard earned money and my time on something that is not going to hold up to the abuse.

If you guys/girls have any questions or suggestions. Please feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what would be really cool is to see poly transmission mounts!
Yeah I am with Accelerator, i need one for my tranny mount under the battery.
I will have to get a hold of a old mount and see if I could make a mold for it.

I'd like to see some prototypes to better base my opinion on whether I'd want to back this venture :)
I am currently running prototypes on my car. I have to say that I love them. The car feels like a sports car should. I can honestly feel the clutch engagement and the gears meshing during shifts. There is slight vibration in the car during idle, but goes away as soon as I accelerate. I no longer have issues with finding gears under acceleration. I also noticed the car sounds incredible in the cabin now.

I have not put the car up on the lift yet to inspect the mounts. I don't feel any need to yet. I am going to give it a few more weeks before I inspect them or if I feel something different that may raise a concern.

I can and will post pictures of my next set. I would have taken pictures of my first set but at that time I was unsure if I wanted to continue making them. Its a PITA to get a old set ready to be casted.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Interested in the front, rear, and transmission mounts.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I will have to get a hold of a old mount and see if I could make a mold for it.

I am currently running prototypes on my car. I have to say that I love them. The car feels like a sports car should. I can honestly feel the clutch engagement and the gears meshing during shifts. There is slight vibration in the car during idle, but goes away as soon as I accelerate. I no longer have issues with finding gears under acceleration. I also noticed the car sounds incredible in the cabin now.

I have not put the car up on the lift yet to inspect the mounts. I don't feel any need to yet. I am going to give it a few more weeks before I inspect them or if I feel something different that may raise a concern.

I can and will post pictures of my next set. I would have taken pictures of my first set but at that time I was unsure if I wanted to continue making them. Its a PITA to get a old set ready to be casted.
I noticed a change in the sound of my car when I put in my solid mounts, in a good way. I loved the difference.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have posted pictures of my mounts at the top of the thread. Thanks for your interest guys.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow! Also interested in this! Great prices too! Subscribed and eager for any updates
Thanks, I am able to keep the prices low as long as the "core" system works. Otherwise, I have to hunt around for old mounts or just straight up buy new ones. That would get expensive quick.

I'd be interested in just a rear...
I really dont want to break up the sets. We will see though. I need to make another mold to keep things moving. If there is a high enough demand for just the rear, I will consider it.

Lookin good there, i just seen the pics. Looks like a quality product. Hope everything works out for you
Thanks man, I really appreciate the compliment. Its certainly positive motivation.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts