Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
Thanks, I am able to keep the prices low as long as the "core" system works. Otherwise, I have to hunt around for old mounts or just straight up buy new ones. That would get expensive quick.

I really dont want to break up the sets. We will see though. I need to make another mold to keep things moving. If there is a high enough demand for just the rear, I will consider it.

I have an NGM solid Billet front and I'd only want a poly to soften up the vibrations as one front solid is plenty of holding power...

Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
I believe if you offer a trans mount there will be a demand... (i think there is no such solution at all currently presented)
I agree, I have looked at pictures of the tranny mount. It will be hard to cast that. If I can get a hold of a mount, I will start working on a mold for them. I dont think its impossible just not going to be a cake walk if you know what I mean.

If anybody wants to donate a tranny mount for me to work on, I will pay the shipping. Just PM me so we can set something up.

I have an NGM solid Billet front and I'd only want a poly to soften up the vibrations as one front solid is plenty of holding power...
I have crunched some numbers for you. If you want just one mount I can give it to you for $75 shipped. Its not as good of a deal as buying the set but its still a cheaper option. The core will still be $50, its imperative that I get the mounts back if I want to continue doing this.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I'd like to see some prototypes to better base my opinion on whether I'd want to back this venture :)
You might want to read the forum rules about selling and sponsorship prior to this venture. You currently don't have enough posts to be selling anything on NewTiburon.com. Please contact the Admin team if you are serious with this venture.
What do you say guys? Do I get your blessings to continue?

Thanks, I am able to keep the prices low as long as the "core" system works. Otherwise, I have to hunt around for old mounts or just straight up buy new ones. That would get expensive quick.

I really dont want to break up the sets. We will see though. I need to make another mold to keep things moving. If there is a high enough demand for just the rear, I will consider it.

You would have been better off with solid rear and poly front.

I agree, I have looked at pictures of the tranny mount. It will be hard to cast that.
IDK about 6 speed, but 5 speed looks just like an engine mount

P.S.: IDK about auto...

P.S.2: Looks like all of them have different part numbers

TRANSAXLE MOUNTING
2.0L, 4AT - 218302D050
2.0L, 5MT - 218302C200
2.7L, 4AT - 218302C150
2.7L, 5MT - 218302D210
2.7L, 6MT - 218302C100

Discussion starter · #28 ·

TRANSAXLE MOUNTING
2.0L, 4AT - 218302D050
2.0L, 5MT - 218302C200
2.7L, 4AT - 218302C150
2.7L, 5MT - 218302D210
2.7L, 6MT - 218302C100
If that black plate does not have to be in place while they are being casted then I should be able to make a mould for them.

As for the different part numbers, well it looks like I am going to be busy making moulds. Lol

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I am all for trying to do the tyranny mounts as well. I need some help from the community though. I have only found 2 salvage tiburons in my area and they are pretty well picked apart. I will need a sample part to build a mould from. I am willing to pay shipping if someone is willing to send me a donor mount.

I am all for trying to do the tyranny mounts as well. I need some help from the community though. I have only found 2 salvage tiburons in my area and they are pretty well picked apart. I will need a sample part to build a mould from. I am willing to pay shipping if someone is willing to send me a donor mount.
look up the part number for an 01 tranny mount. Theres a salvaged one in my town and if its the same one I wouldn't mind picking it up and shipping it to you to help make this happen

Discussion starter · #32 ·
look up the part number for an 01 tranny mount. Theres a salvaged one in my town and if its the same one I wouldn't mind picking it up and shipping it to you to help make this happen
01 ????? V6, I4, Auto, 5sp. or 6sp. I am not sure if they changed the mount in 03 with the body change. Worth looking into though. Give me some more details if you can.

Thanks also. Hopefully we can get this going and have some one more option for our cars.

-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041571
V6 6 speed trans.
-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041576
V6 5 speed trans.
-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041572
V6 Auto

-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041573
I4 5 speed trans.
-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041575
I4 Auto

All different part #s, but comparing the pictures to eachother on rockauto, they look the same for i4 and v6, manual or not.
It's just a little difficult to be 100% because the pictures are not all in the same orientation, but the bolt locations all look the same to me. I'll grab stock part #s.

Discussion starter · #34 ·

TRANSAXLE MOUNTING
2.0L, 4AT - 218302D050
2.0L, 5MT - 218302C200
2.7L, 4AT - 218302C150
2.7L, 5MT - 218302D210
2.7L, 6MT - 218302C100
-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041571 :problem:
V6 6 speed trans.
-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041576
V6 5 speed trans.
-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041572
V6 Auto

-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041573
I4 5 speed trans.
-BECK/ARNLEY Part # 1041575
I4 Auto

All different part #s, but comparing the pictures to eachother on rockauto, they look the same for i4 and v6, manual or not.
It's just a little difficult to be 100% because the pictures are not all in the same orientation, but the bolt locations all look the same to me. I'll grab stock part #s.
Good work guys digging up this information.. Typically different numbers means they are not the same. Look up replacement parts and they will list the range of vehicles they fit. I think they are all different.

Honestly the pictures do look like the same mounting places, just the insert itself looks different to me.

I need one for i4 front.

Let me know

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I need one for i4 front.

Let me know
I'm still working on getting a old set of mounts for you I4 guys. Its hard to come by parts for these cars where I live and I have had little success on here getting a old set. I don't expect them for free either. I honesty think its the time of year. Holidays and all going on. I will keep you posted when I make a mould for the I4 mounts.

I have an i4 parts car with both mounts available. PM GK27V6... I'm sure we can cut you a good deal. :)

Discussion starter · #39 ·
I have an i4 parts car with both mounts available. PM GK27V6... I'm sure we can cut you a good deal. :)
Hah! He has PMed me a few days ago. Hes a really cool guy. I am waiting on a quote from him regarding the mounts and a few other parts I am needing. Shipping is going to suck though.

Hah! He has PMed me a few days ago. Hes a really cool guy. I am waiting on a quote from him regarding the mounts and a few other parts I am needing. Shipping is going to suck though.
But you do save by getting it all at once. :)

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.