Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new GTO's are such an awesome deal. I was looking on autotrader and found afew '05's with the 6.0 400hp LS6 for like 21k. I am definately trading my tib in for one of these in a few years. i know the vette with the LS6 can run a 12.6 in the 1/4, so maybe the GTO runs high 12's? also its the ultimate sleeper. looks like a nice coupe but nothing serious. i personally like the styling btw. anyone driven/been in one?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've been in a non-stock one. My buddy has had two since they came out. He first bought an automatic one, but after a month or two decided to trade it in for the manual. He's got I/H/E and nitrous. It's fast as a mother****er. I don't know what kind of numbers he puts up at the track, as he prefers racing on the street, but it'll keep you pinned to your seat through all the gears.

His wife has a Corvette getting right around 600 horses at the wheels. I'm not sure of all of her mods, but I just know it's fast as ****. She let me drive it once, and after getting it sideways at half-throttle leaving a light, I decided to let her have it back. It was awesome, yeah, but I didn't want to lose control or something and plow her $70,000+ car into a wall or another car or something.

They both share a turbo SS Camaro, too. Needless to say, they've got some damn money.

Oh, and they both drive about an hour to work and an hour back every day in these muscle cars, so imagine what they spend on gas. :3_frusty:

·
Registered
464 Posts
scftw said:
I've been in a non-stock one. My buddy has had two since they came out. He first bought an automatic one, but after a month or two decided to trade it in for the manual. He's got I/H/E and nitrous. It's fast as a mother****er. I don't know what kind of numbers he puts up at the track, as he prefers racing on the street, but it'll keep you pinned to your seat through all the gears.

His wife has a Corvette getting right around 600 horses at the wheels. I'm not sure of all of her mods, but I just know it's fast as ****. She let me drive it once, and after getting it sideways at half-throttle leaving a light, I decided to let her have it back. It was awesome, yeah, but I didn't want to lose control or something and plow her $70,000+ car into a wall or another car or something.

They both share a turbo SS Camaro, too. Needless to say, they've got some damn money.

Oh, and they both drive about an hour to work and an hour back every day in these muscle cars, so imagine what they spend on gas. :3_frusty:
LOL Thats alot of money!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
GTO's are decent cars but gas mileage is horrible its like 14 or 15 on city and just around 20 on hwy. and im sure insurance are gonna be high as well. i guess like the old saying, you get for wat u pay!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm a tech at a Pontiac dealer, so I've gotten to drive a few. They are quick. A coworkers friend has one with heads, cam, headers, exhaust, CAI, intake manifold, and soon to have nitrous, and it is damn quick. My only complaint is that the gearing is too long.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that milage is not bad for 6 liters and 400hp. over twice our displacement and twice our hp.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
gas milliage isn't that bad, it just vastly depends on your driving habbits.

The LS2 can hits 12s, and the LS1 can hit low 13s if you know how to drive them.

·
Banned
312 Posts
Dude, the 2004's have LS1, the 2005-6 has an LS2

edit-

Anyway, they are excellent cars, and on the highway can get damn near 27-28mpg as long as you are just cruising in 6th around 70. I'll most likely get a 2004.... save 3-4 thousand dollars, and put that towards new heads, intake manifold, and long tube headers... that'll more than make up for the 50hp power difference. Throw in a nice cam a few months later and pretty much call it a day performancewise.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
GTea said:

Yup. I believe the LS6 is the 7.0L from the C6 Z06 correct?

Anyway, they are a lot of performance for the money. My bro really likes them and will probably get one once he has the dough (if he ever does). I think it would be fun to go out and race, even though I'm sure it would spank my Tib.

·
Registered
252 Posts
cobby said:
GTO's are decent cars but gas mileage is horrible its like 14 or 15 on city and just around 20 on hwy. and im sure insurance are gonna be high as well. i guess like the old saying, you get for wat u pay!
How is that different than what i get now?

·
Banned
312 Posts
peachferrari said:
GTea said:

Yup. I believe the LS6 is the 7.0L from the C6 Z06 correct?

Anyway, they are a lot of performance for the money. My bro really likes them and will probably get one once he has the dough (if he ever does). I think it would be fun to go out and race, even though I'm sure it would spank my Tib.

The C6 Z06 uses the 7.0 LS7. The current C6 uses the same LS2 as the 05-06 GTO... with maybe a different head/intake combination to shift the powerband, regardless, it puts out the same power.

·
Banned
312 Posts
Well thats spectacular. I only get 18-19 in my tib around town... I'd gladly sacrafice a couple more MPG for that kinda power and style.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
GTea said:
The C6 Z06 uses the 7.0 LS7. The current C6 uses the same LS2 as the 05-06 GTO... with maybe a different head/intake combination to shift the powerband, regardless, it puts out the same power.

Correct

The LS6 is the 405HP 5.7L in the C5 Z06 and first 2 years of the CTSV.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
GTea said:
I know that I'm correct.... but thanks for the confirmation?
LOL, I was just adding on the bit about the LS6 since someone mentioned it earlier...

·
Registered
141 Posts
some kid has a black ls1 2004 gto and is running low 11s high 10s hes spraying right into the intake no direct port n2o I think all he has is I/H/E put a little over 500 to the wheels on a dyno....

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
TuffStuff said:
some kid has a black ls1 2004 gto and is running low 11s high 10s hes spraying right into the intake no direct port n2o I think all he has is I/H/E put a little over 500 to the wheels on a dyno....

N20 will do that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts