Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the ngm poly motor mounts on my car right now, that i bought from a member on here. he had them on his car for about 30,000 miles with an s/c. since ive put the s/c ive noticed a popping noise coming from the engine bay, when i slow down fast or acc fast. also if im stopped, and i put the car into drive, the engine moves a lot then settles. and if i go from drive to reverse the engine moves alot. when i look at the motor mounts it seems that they have a lot of play in them, which makes me think they need to be replaced. its just 1 loud pop not a bunch like you get when you have wheel hop

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I would pop the hood when the car is cold and try to shake the engine and see if you hear the noise. Maybe you didnt torque them down enough.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another possiblity is my struts? would it make a popping noise if my struts were bad?

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
I remember reading in here somewhere about the stock struts popping with after market springs. Search around for it and you should be able to find it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zeenon53 said:
I remember reading in here somewhere about the stock struts popping with after market springs. Search around for it and you should be able to find it.
i dont know, it seems like there is a lot of movement from the engine when i put it in drive or reverse, i guess you could help me look at it this weekend or something.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Unless they were free I would not really want used motor mounts. The new bushings may not be seated correctly in the metal piece that holds them and is slipping around. Take them off and inspect them.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i put on a strut bar on this past weekend, and now the noise rarely happens. so i think its probaly my struts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts