Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say I was running a setup similar to Malogus. My Tib is an 04 and only has 22,109 as of right now. Lets say I have the I/H/E, S-AFC fuel tuner, NGM stg IV, Cams, pulleys, and a BBTB..... and then on top of that I get my heads ported and flowed. What kind of gain would I be looking at? Anything largely significant. I might be able to get my heads ported and flowed cheap, so I was just wondering.

Thanks
Dan

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
You'd definately gain in the upper RPM range. If you were forced induction, then you'd really see the benefits though.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
the BBTB will net minimal gains, definitly not worth what it cost to get one the exact size of the stg4 opening (because getting anything smaller would be kinda pointless). I beleive Malogus said when he added the BBTB he didnt notice much gains

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Well........I,m hoping that it's a significant gain ,cuz I just got my motor back from NGM and I did just that .Port polish and flowed with bigger valves and cams and cam gears, with a built bottom end. I'm just waitin for my 6 spd Trans stg 4 intake and other toys to get hear on the next delivery (yeeee haw ) :)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hopefully you see some good gains. I would have thought that increasing the valve size on our heads would have decreased velocity and done some damage to N/A performance overall. Let us know how she works out.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I thought about doing it, but at that price I would just go f/i. i have 80k on my motor now and i don't feel like dropping any more money into ported heads because I would want to do it right with a fully rebuilt valvetrain.

If you are going to do it, look into the oversized valves. They aren't cheap, but it's the only way you will see huge gains. Google for ferrea 1mm oversized valves.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
FstrTib said:
Well........I,m hoping that it's a significant gain ,cuz I just got my motor back from NGM and I did just that .Port polish and flowed with bigger valves and cams and cam gears, with a built bottom end. I'm just waitin for my 6 spd Trans stg 4 intake and other toys to get hear on the next delivery (yeeee haw ) :)
Then we gonna race?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck FstrTib, thats sounds pretty badass. I figured you have more airflow with ported and flowed heads. My friend is getting his 2.3L vtec head ported and flowed for a couple hundred if that. They told me if I wanted mine too, it would be cheap, so I was thinking why not.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Malogus said:
I thought about doing it, but at that price I would just go f/i. i have 80k on my motor now and i don't feel like dropping any more money into ported heads because I would want to do it right with a fully rebuilt valvetrain.

If you are going to do it, look into the oversized valves. They aren't cheap, but it's the only way you will see huge gains. Google for ferrea 1mm oversized valves.

ferrea valves

theres the link for the valves but no price??

·
Read Only
0 Posts
98tib said:
ferrea valves

theres the link for the valves but no price??
They run about $20-25 per valve. Multiply that by 24 valves, and you are talking $5-600 for valves alone. And if you are spending that much on valves, you might as well go with titanium valve springs, which are not cheap.

So to do the job right, you are talking $1000+ easily in parts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lots of money!!! lol. I gotta start saving up again.

$930 in checking account

-$625 DC exhaust

-$200 Injen SRI

=$105 left in account

took forever to get that money too : [ Hopefully my soon to be 2nd job will rake in more than double what I make now.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Malogus said:
Then we gonna race?
Yeah , You know we're all gonna end up at the track just to see what #'s I turn.....soon as I get it put to gether I'm handing it over to ADP and let Greg dyno it in for me with and without NOS. I was thinkin , I dont know that I'll be that much faster than you if at all without the Nitrous. I'm runnin the lower compression pistons because of the big NOS kit I'm running (200&100 shot)But either way .......I CANT WAIT :3_yes:

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Malogus said:
They run about $20-25 per valve. Multiply that by 24 valves, and you are talking $5-600 for valves alone. And if you are spending that much on valves, you might as well go with titanium valve springs, which are not cheap.

So to do the job right, you are talking $1000+ easily in parts.
ya got that right ....I dumped nearly $6 grand in my heads alone,but that included gettin them degreed and setup completely on the motor..........TC did a jus an outstanding job on them :3_nosthum

·
Registered
355 Posts
6grand... you mean the engine that hes sending you right. I'm sorry, I just had to ask... I just cant fantom 6 grand heads... we'll unless its gives u a reach around while ur driving... then mabye.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Carrera1984 said:
6grand... you mean the engine that hes sending you right. I'm sorry, I just had to ask... I just cant fantom 6 grand heads... we'll unless its gives u a reach around while ur driving... then mabye.
No, I believe Nextgen's heads are between $5-6000. Figure $600 for valves $600 for springs, a set of nextgen cams(~$1200), a CNC port job($$$), and labor. Too rich for my blood...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Carrera1984 said:
Buy head....get head!
sounds good to me! somebody start a group buy on this shinazzle

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
6 grand on just the heads?! Wow...... send a few bucks over to me : ] I could use it. lol.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
LOL.................I've got the motor here already, still waitin on the trans and stg4 intake and all the other electrical toys, and Carrera the heads are completely modded:stainless steel 1mm over stock valves,titanium keepers,extreme valve springs, 270 lift 216duration crane cams, adjustable cam gears,digitized and c&c port polish and flowed heads: I built this motor so that I can put an assasin S/C on in the near future, and there's alot of time and labor in these heads. I guess it jus comes down to how fast do ya want to go and how bullet proof ya wanna make your motor to handle the mods :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts