Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys

i have a hyundai tiburon 06 and my headlamps is going cracked, i be thinking in the posibility to sanded the headlamp with 2000 grit sand paper and apply a clear coat to the headlamps, this method i thinks is better to eliminate cracket headlights in my opinion.

our guys thinks the same?

·
Registered
709 Posts
tintealos de *****, el clear se jode rapido

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
stick to Posting in spanish, i really cant decipher what that meant. Sanding wont fix a crack.

·
Registered
709 Posts
just told him to tint it cause the clearcoat chips away

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I wasnt trying to be a dick, i just think he would get more useful responses in spanish. The FL headlights arent known to fade are they? I thought that was an 03-04 issue. either way its a crappy problem to have. GL with whatever you decide to do with them

·
Registered
709 Posts
lol no offense taken , wrote the translation so everyone has an idea ..

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
l think any headlight will fade with time, no matter what the car make.l've seen faded headlights on mercedes that wasn't that old. 05-06 lights simply aren't old enough to start fading jet, but they will eventualy, especialy if you live in warm climat with lots of sunny days and keep your car outside.

l asked my body shop if clearcoating headlights is a good idea but he said clearcoat would mess with light going out of the housing and that they wouldn't light as they should. l don't realy understand whay a clearcoat would do that but thats what he said. Cracks won't go away with applying clearcoat but fading will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts