Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a tiburon and was driving it earlier and noticed that it wasn’t right and didn’t have much power it would usally spin in first gear if i got on it hard but didn’t and didn’t really wanna go up hills it didn’t have any notice able smoke that i could see but i did notice a little bit of old oil coming from cylinder 1, i read the codes and got one for a throttle position sensor and one for cylinder 1 miss fire and for cylinder 1 injector not working properly i just sold my bmw due to a blown head gasket, the coolant didn’t have any oil in it tho that’s the first thing i checked

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
296 Posts
Any coolant in your oil?

Solve your misfire on cylinder 1 and replace your TPS with a genuine Hyundai sensor first. See if performance improves. Likely a bad injector and a fouled spark plug at this point. Start with the easy inexpensive stuff first before jumping into a head gasket replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Tib friends. I have a 2003 tib v6 automatic. Car runs and idles rough lots of white smoke(not steam) doesn’t smell sweet like coolant more raw gas smell. Took the oil cap off thought it might be head gasket,not milky at all. Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on what this could be? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
364 Posts
An injector code is pretty solid to go by, does it say open or short (what code)
Also if it's cyl 1 it is easy to swap the injector to another cylinder and see of the problem is with that injector or the injector plug/wiring in 4 or 6 cyl.
Tps code is weird, need more info (code number, scan tool readout)
"Oil leaking from #1" not sure what you mean. It could be the injector is leaking fuel and mixing with dirt, it could be the valve cover leaking, shouldn't cause a misfire unless there's a freaking hole in the motor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts