Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, anyone get their valve covers powdercoated? I'm about to do mine, but noticed they have a rubber seal around the spark plug holes that isn't removeable. My question is if anyone nows if those seals will withstand the 375-400 degrees in the oven to cure the powdercoat fo 20-25 min. If they won't, I'll panit them with automotive paint and be done with it. Thanx for the help.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Hey fellas, anyone get their valve covers powdercoated? I'm about to do mine, but noticed they have a rubber seal around the spark plug holes that isn't removeable. My question is if anyone nows if those seals will withstand the 375-400 degrees in the oven to cure the powdercoat fo 20-25 min. If they won't, I'll panit them with automotive paint and be done with it. Thanx for the help.
The spark plug tube seals are removable, you can get a valve cover gasket set that comes with new ones so they have to be.

·
Former CIO
17,730 Posts
yes they are removable. u destroy them trying to remove them and they are abuot 8 bux a piece to get new ones at hyundai.

and yes, valve covers can be powder coated or ceramic coated like mine.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Crowebar, I checked out your ride on cardomain. I loike the choice for your paint scheme, what do you think about ghost stripeing that darker color on it in the reverse like you were talking. But so you had to look close to really notice. I've seen flame jobs on silver cars that looked awesome. Thanx for the help.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, or even flip flop paint .So 1 minute they were there, and the next they were gone. At any rate, cool idea for a paint job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.