Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed on a lot of 2003 Tiburons in my area, that a lot of them have really nasty looking window trim. They look like they're corroding or have fungus growing all over them. My friends 2005 elantra is starting to do this as well. I've tried cleaning it off, putting armor-all on it, pretty much everything and it looks the same.

My question is.. is there any way to remove this and will using the same armor-all that I use to protect my interior plastics on the window trim prevent this? I got 4k miles on my 06 Tiburon and I don't want it the trim looking like that anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
use bleach....

I'm joking... go get Turtle BLACK in a bottle or I think some other people have just used wax and a buffer

·
Registered
346 Posts
I got that same problem, but its only on the drivers side rear little window. Tried a bunch of stuff on it and none seems to work either. Havent tried waxing it though so I'll give that a go this weekend.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CarrRyanE said:
thats b/c u smoke
I don't smoke and neither does my friend. I'm talking about all that rubber trim outside of the car, around the door, and on the roof.

Edit: Noticed you weren't referring to me, sorry.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I use spray tire foam on all the outside rubber trim , inner fender liners and black plastic around the windshield wipers . I also use it under the hood to detail all the black rubber and plastic pieces . Just wipe off the excess with a rag , still looks like new .

·
Registered
312 Posts
Flat ¼ Line said:
I got that same problem, but its only on the drivers side rear little window. Tried a bunch of stuff on it and none seems to work either. Havent tried waxing it though so I'll give that a go this weekend.
Mine's the same ... all the other rubber trim is perfect, looks brand new, but the drivers side is all nasty looking ... wonder what's needed to get that taken care of ... short of buying a new one ...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I always use carnuba wax on my exterior rubber trim....no flaws and nice and shiney, it helps keep the contaminants out.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Mine has the fungus on the rear drivers side little window too. You can temporarily hide it with tire foam or that silicone based tire shine (DO NOT USE ON TIRES, IT EATS FINISH ON YOUR WHEELS)

·
Registered
481 Posts
MrPhotoman said:
Mine has the fungus on the rear drivers side little window too. You can temporarily hide it with tire foam or that silicone based tire shine (DO NOT USE ON TIRES, IT EATS FINISH ON YOUR WHEELS)
i have the exact same problem. wow thats at least three people. you think it is covered under warranty? is there any way of getting rid of it, it really detracts from the look of the car as a whole.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Theres a product called Back to Black I believe, and it works pretty well.

I think the white crap that appears on your trim is actually wax stains. I noticed that once you get wax on that stuff the party's over. No amount of scrubbing will help.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you get wax on black rubber or plasitc pieces try using compound to get it out. I had this problem once before when i was waxing my car and it had a black molding on it.

rubb it in and wipe it off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts