Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I did some searching, but couldn't find anything to answer my question...

I wanted to know how much it would cost to upgrade from the Sniper kit to the Assassin kit?

Thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Take the price of the Assassin and subtract the price of the Sniper and I bet thats close.

·
Registered
956 Posts
well are you are buying is the MP 90 blower and the icebox setup (minus the manifold part)...and maybe injectors.....

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
anthony718 said:
Hello,
I did some searching, but couldn't find anything to answer my question...

I wanted to know how much it would cost to upgrade from the Sniper kit to the Assassin kit?

Thanks,
Anthony
Hello,

Do you already have a Sniper?

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

Do you already have a Sniper?

Thanks T.C.
If you don't mind, I'd like to know how much the upgrade would cost. I'd like to be making big power one of these days when I can afford it.

thanks.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hello,

If you have a Sniper and want to upgrade to Assassin status, here is the low down.

NGM 460cc inj. $500.00
Stage II Mafterburner $400.00
MafExtender $100.00
NGM Ice Box Upgrade $995.00
Billet Plenum $150.00
TB Adaptor $75.00
MP90 Blower $1200.00

That should be it.

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

If you have a Sniper and want to upgrade to Assassin status, here is the low down.

NGM 460cc inj. $500.00
Stage II Mafterburner $400.00
MafExtender $100.00
NGM Ice Box Upgrade $995.00
Billet Plenum $150.00
TB Adaptor $75.00
MP90 Blower $1200.00

That should be it.

Thanks T.C.
so...get the assassin first if you think you may want to upgrade in the future.

Good to know.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
strozak said:

Good to know.
lol, pretty much.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
strozak said:

Good to know.

Heck yea...
That's why I chose the Assassin to start with... upgrading just ends up costing alot more.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
05GT said:
Heck yea...
That's why I chose the Assassin to start with... upgrading just ends up costing alot more.
Exactly like he said. The more I looked at the Assassin after I ordered my sniper the more I realized what was the better option. I was looking at 275HP as my goal. In order for this I was going to spend close to the same as the Assassin, but I would still be running the smaller blower, which would be getting inefficient at the speed I needed to spin it, and I would still not have injectors etc. Just keep saving.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I do not have a Sniper kit yet. But if you want to upgrade to the assassin there is no point in buying the sniper, unless you want to spend $1,420 extra :) . Geesh, I guess I am gonna wait until the next assassin sale, but atleast I have time to save!

·
Registered
464 Posts
openthewell said:
If you don't mind, I'd like to know how much the upgrade would cost. I'd like to be making big power one of these days when I can afford it.

thanks.
sell me your sniper and u buy an assasin

·
Registered
847 Posts
Kepp in mind that you will be able to sell your MP62 blower and recover some of your investment from the sniper but buying the Assassin is the best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
^^ or have it polished, or polish it yourself, and squeeze out a few more bucks.

·
Registered
914 Posts
The mp62 blower will flow plenty fine for the power most people on these boards want to make. The assassin will obviously flow more air and be more efficient at higher power levels, but that extra grand or so will be the least of your worries. You'll need to build your engine before you can put a hotter pulley on the mp90 for that thing to be close to its full potential. Now add a fatty clutch/flywheel combo, lsd, shifter forks, DR's, a larger maf and throttle body and well yeah you see where I'm going with this... Also, a professional tune is recommended for high power applications... and if you have THAT much money in your engine a nice and reliable tune should be high up on your 'to-do' list.

Cliffs notes: You know whether or not you will need the extra power the mp90 will give you before you purchase either setup. Heck, that's why TC offers these different kits in the first place. :3_bier:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I understand your point about the Sniper being more than enough, but as TC said to me when I was asking about switching my order to an Assassin - Boost is addicting.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm looking forward to slowly boosting the piss out of my mp62; I'm not going to be joining the mp90 craze anytime soon.

·
Registered
914 Posts
openthewell said:
I'm looking forward to slowly boosting the piss out of my mp62; I'm not going to be joining the mp90 craze anytime soon.
Good choice. Later on you can upgrade your fuel system and add an ice box and crank that thing up. The mp90 would be nice to have, don't get me wrong, but most people don't know how fast a 11-12 second street car is until they ride in one. Then all of the sudden the mp62 starts looking like it would have done the job just fine. The hardcore ballers on this site will no doubt need the huge flow of the mp90, but I'm willing to bet a lot of us arn't in that situation.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Tib Fighter2k3 said:
Good choice. Later on you can upgrade your fuel system and add an ice box and crank that thing up. The mp90 would be nice to have, don't get me wrong, but most people don't know how fast a 11-12 second street car is until they ride in one. Then all of the sudden the mp62 starts looking like it would have done the job just fine. The hardcore ballers on this site will no doubt need the huge flow of the mp90, but I'm willing to bet a lot of us arn't in that situation.

Man.. you're everywhere lately....

You gonna be helping out with the install? I may delay the entire thing if I'm able to order a a built bottom end from TC here shortly...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts