Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed 6x9 rockford fosgates in my 04 tibby and they sound great but im having a hell of a time with my 6 1/2 compnent system. the speakers are too deep so i needed speaker spacers but the ones made dont fit the tibby. the bracket is too small what do i do and has anyone replaced the tweeters in the top of the doors....let me know how to get the clearance and can i get different grills instead of them damn infinity ones...all of this is being run off of a 450.4 rockfrod 4 channel...sounds good with just the rears and will sound sick with the fronts just gotta figure out what to do......leave any comment please

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You can make your own brackets from pressboard. just use some gasket sealer between layers. As far as the tweeters go, I just ripped the factory ones out and put mine inside. Just push it up against the grill, then put a piece of a plastic bag over the back of the tweeter and spray some expansion foam over it (very small amount). Once it dries to the shape, take a sanding block or a knife and smooth off the back of it so it will fit flush against the door.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I used a piece of 1/2" MDF to make my speaker ring spacers for my Type-R's. Just make sure you cut them to the right design and you also have to trim the plastic ring on the door panel to make it fit back on flush.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.