Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, I got my seibon VS II hood today, first off let me say whoa. it looks great on rally red.

anyways, I have a small fitament problem, it seems like the latch hook on the hood is a little short, I can get it to click into the latch release, but can't get it all the way down to the locking position, has anyone had this problem? should I just not worry about it and toss on some hood pins?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
You can always slot the holes on the latch to move it up. I did this for my VIS cf hood and now it closes easily.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yeah be sure you raise the latch up. I had mine too tight and cracked the clearcoat on my VIS Invader hood. I've raised it since then and have had no problems, and I purchased the bug shield that fits the Tib to cover the crack and protect the hood from stones. I totally agree carbon fiber looks great on ralley red. Thats the excact color I have too. Good luck

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do you raise the latch? I just went out and took the latch off to see if I could jimmy it up a bit, but the holes are the exact same size so I couldn't budge it up at all

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay we called seibon just to double check, the latch is short on purpose, they said it's shorter than the stock hook so that people don't think they can just close the hood and not worry about hoodpins, then talked about how the fiberglass will break down over time with that much stress and could eventually lead to the hood flying off

·
Registered
572 Posts
Kootr said:
I just put some washers in behind the latch so it raised it up just enough to close it all the way. But im sure some people have other ways of doing it.
This is exactly how I raised mine. Only I did it too late. The hood locks firmly down and does not move or shake. I have not used hood pins and I think most of us with Seibon and VIS hoods have not used them either.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I'm waiting for my 2nd Seibon TS hood to arrive (1st was damaged in shipping). After reading everyone saying the latch was too low for Seibon hoods, I took a rat tail file and elongated the bottom of the 4 holes in the latch so all I have to do is loosen the bolts and slide the latch up to adjust it when I get the hood on.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
drew04GT said:
hey all, I got my seibon VS II hood today, first off let me say whoa. it looks great on rally red.

anyways, I have a small fitament problem, it seems like the latch hook on the hood is a little short, I can get it to click into the latch release, but can't get it all the way down to the locking position, has anyone had this problem? should I just not worry about it and toss on some hood pins?
Hey,
Make sure that is truely too short. We thought that was the case with mine, but it ended up being that the loop on the hood to large for the latch to fold over on it and lock it into place.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
05GT said:
Hey,
Make sure that is truely too short. We thought that was the case with mine, but it ended up being that the loop on the hood to large for the latch to fold over on it and lock it into place.
its definitly to short, i can force it shut but it takes a great deal of force

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
man ,
in sorry for you dude but this just aint working out
tell you what tho
just to help you out right
well swap hoods , i'll get you my stock
and i'll take that non fitting one of your hands for you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts