Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/girls,

I'm having a problem with my stock keyless entry/alarm remotes. I had to have them reprogrammed at least 5 times in the history of the car. 3 months ago i had them reprogrammed at the dealer and put in new batteries. Somehow the remotes stopped working again and again it needs reprogramming. Anyone else have this issue, and any insight into this problem. $35 each time is getting to be expensive after 5+ times.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
it's not the battery.

They made the key fobs horribly.

The battery inside is loose. You need to pop it open, and wedge something in there to keep the battery tight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the battery is loose, that would be indicated by the led on the remote, no?
but the LED on the remote still lights up (flashes). just it flickers a lot longer when it doesn't work--> rather than a couple flashes it flashes 3 times longer.
but what u say makes sense, battery gets loose, loses contact for a period of time in which programming is lost and then needs reprogramming.
Was this the case with yours?

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
rjcool55 said:
I have a remote that does not work, how do I re-program it??
It has to be programmed at the dealer with a OBD scanner I believe.....

And on a simialr note my car stopped reading codes from any remotes.... dont know why or how to fix. Dealer couldnt programa brand new remote cause car wouldnt take it.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tib is 03 by the way Delphi.

That sounds like my spare remote deez, never used but for some reason cannot be reprogrammed. I figure it's not worth the hassle, i'll use the key or buy an aftermarket alarm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
depending on mileage and year, hyundai will cover the replacement of the remotes and charge you only the reprogram fee. however depending upon the production date of your car some came from korea with bum Body Control Modules. there is a huge replacement tsb concerning these however your smaller dealers are not going to have the diagnosing capabilities of a larger shop

·
Registered
981 Posts
johnny, my stock alarm doesnt work either, my remote light flashes a lot when i push the buttons, but other then that, it wont like my car or unlock anymore, so i have to re program the remote then?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^^ yes, exactly. but it will eventually screw up again. it wont be the last time you'll be reprogramming. so make a choice now if you'd like an aftermarket alarm. the reprogramming costs 0.5 hr of the labour rate. for me it was $35CAD to do it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
the cheapest thing in my car is the factory alarm and remote control...

the range is ridiculous, and the alarm is just cheap... I haven´t replaced it because I don´t have anything electronic in my car, everything is stock

if i had anything else installed i would have forked over the extra money for a decent system...

what a piece of crap

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sometimes the remotes just stop working for some reason and they don't need to be reprogrammed just reset. You can do this by putting the key in and turning to acc, you must have the doors shut also. And then click the lock button. The blinkers should flash twice also. I have had to do this many times on mine. I actually had it happen at the dealership and I had to show the guy how to reset it because he couldn't start the car. This however will not work to program just any keyfob to any tiburon this only works with one that already works with the car and just had a battery change or something of the likes.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my remote now. Might just invest in a nice aftermarket alarm system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
reprogramming the fob is easy! mine does that all the time! all you have to do when the fob does not open the car.
1. Unlock the car with your keys first, then stick the key in the ignition and put it to the "ON" position while the alarm is going off.
2. Then on the fob press unlock. ( when pressed, the car will double signal.)
3. Then take the keys out and press unlock and the alarm will deactivate and the fob is reprogrammed to the car.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
how do i make my car alarm go off? my control stopped working today and i got the alarm to shut off by leaving the key on for 30 sec. now how do i make it go off again so i can do what Tiburonate said???

·
Registered
169 Posts
that happened to me, and it wouldne let me start it or anything and the alarm went crazzzyyy! Had to get a new computer, dropped 600 bucks for it. talk about dumb.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
my brother in law poped my key fobbed open and found that the battery had came un soddered to the chip. and re soddered it and then we did the put on acc. and push lock and it worked- smart brothwer in law ftw !

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Hi guys/girls,

I'm having a problem with my stock keyless entry/alarm remotes. I had to have them reprogrammed at least 5 times in the history of the car. 3 months ago i had them reprogrammed at the dealer and put in new batteries. Somehow the remotes stopped working again and again it needs reprogramming. Anyone else have this issue, and any insight into this problem. $35 each time is getting to be expensive after 5+ times.

Thanks
I have an idea what it could be.

Pop open the remote and see if the battery casing has come unsoldered from the circuit board.

I just found out that mine is like that. It will work intermittently depending on contact.

So, I have to micro-solder it to fix it. Yay.

Edit: Looks like someone else mentioned it before me. Good to go.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts