Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/girls,

This was posted elsewhere but just in case you guys dont go through the other sections of the forum, I thought Id post here. I'm having a problem with my stock keyless entry/alarm remotes. I had to have them reprogrammed at least 5 times in the history of the car. 3 months ago i had them reprogrammed at the dealer and put in new batteries. Somehow the remotes stopped working again and again it needs reprogramming. Anyone else have this issue, and any insight into this problem. $35 each time is getting to be expensive after 5+ times.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would call Hyundai Canada because this is not a wear and tear item, but sounds more like a defect in the system that they probably have a replacement or perminate fix for. You can also check things like carfax, or I am sure there are other places that list problems like yours and information regarding the manufacturer actaully replacing the system.

Good Luck.

JaysBlueTiburon

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so seriously, am i the only one in here that had problems with the remotes (not that it would surprise me with my luck)?

·
Banned
59 Posts
i have that issue I gived up and just use the key my light system too in the car is screwed up

·
Registered
0 Posts
yup, problems ever since i changed the battery. was locked IN the damn car last week! the locks engaged on it's own & i couldn't disarm it with the remote.
/k

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha, you guys rock, makes me feel better when i curse knowing it's not just me.
sell it you say, i would love to but can't for a few reasons...
1. i wouldn't be talking with you guys
2. car was in accident (12G's of damage) pretty major, whole car repainted except roof, girlfriend driving.
3. it's worth absolutely nothing being a hyundai, only 4-5 yrs old, it's a shame to go back on paymets for another ride considering its paid off and i find it cheaper to reprogram a remote or pay for the odd parking brake cable, or wheel bearing, etc.. than 500+ mnth for another ride
4. still too new, rustproofed from day one plus repainted, bought exhaust , clutch/flywheel, intake, etc for it.

so basically.................

IM STUCK
...but at least we can all feel better knowing we're going through it together.

enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I need to re-list my car for sale. LOL

One of a kind 2003 Tiburon. 4 1/2 yrs old 70k absolutely NO issues. :3_chubby:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no issues ey?

that must be one of those rare handmade special editions that I haven't seen yet...

cooooooooooooooooool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks good though man, nice job!

·
Registered
869 Posts
johnny said:
no issues ey?

that must be one of those rare handmade special editions that I haven't seen yet...

cooooooooooooooooool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks good though man, nice job!
Thanks. Yes I've been lucky with the reliability I guess. The sunroof sticks once or twice a year and and the TPS had to be replaced under warranty. Otherwise she's been cherry.

·
Banned
59 Posts
hate u should of told me a month ago would of got it ... the remote doesnt bother me though and lightening system ethier since i dont drive at night

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bothers me, im a bit of a perfectionist (which i have to learn not to be with the tibby).

oh well, no remote for me...

·
Banned
59 Posts
yeah cant use my key now since its bent! someone tried to break in and crobar my handle out and since then the locking thing everytime i put my key it bends. im locked out of my car sometimes kinda funny cause I can only use the remote

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yeah, both my remotes are messed up. I see them going for like $30.00-40.00 on eBay, but I heard to program them it can get a little pricey. I'll have to call my dealer tomorrow and find out. Might just go with an aftermarket alarm if it's true.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts