Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well im going 40 mph and i give it gas the rpms are jumping up to 6000.. anybody know what the deal is??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
actually it does it at every speed in every gear if i give it a decent amount of gas..

anyone?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
hmmm..... does it feel like it's not goin anywhere fast when it's doin this? Do you smell a burning walnut smell? If so... YOUR CLUTCH IS GOING. Mine did the same thing after a smoke show.... boy did i feel dumb

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i thought it was my clutch because ive been driving it pretty hard and the stock clutch is pretty crappy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do i need to buy the flywheel and the clutch at the same time or can i just buy the clutch first?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Yea don't wait to get it fixed..... if you do like i did you'll have to couph up extra cash for a new flywheel cause they can't resurfice it!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Yes you need to do both clutch and flywheel at the same time,,,because the stock flywheels are not-reusable. The Fidanza flywheel has the reusable parts available if they're ever needed.

·
Banned
3,208 Posts
Uh.............cuz they're bored

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.