Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TIBY!!!

so i figured i'd start a build journal... i kept wanting to throw in my random threads (like the aem how-to) random info about how my build was going... and then realized that nobody is gonna care that way or see the whole thing... and well i like hearing opinions (even if they're bad as long as they're constructive) so here goes...

i started about 2 months ago (or so) actually modifying the tiby past little things such as sri...

* = it's in the process
[step] = step meaning what stage its in now...

The Platform
2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE
2.7L V6 6-speed
Tidal Wave Blue

Exterior
Vision Invader (modified)
LED tails
8k hid low-beams
*[need to install]led angel eyes

Suspension
ARK GT-F drop springs 1" front 1.3" rear
Cross-Double Drilled and slotted rotors (and only run ceramic pads)
*Front Strut bar
*Mid Strut bar
*[fabricating mounts]Rear Strut bar
*traction bars

Powertrain
Garrett T3/T04E Rear mounted (modified)...
380cc injectors

Electronics
AEM F/IC 6 (hopefully soon to be greddy e-manage)
Slowly expanding interior led's...

Audio
Pioneer 5900ubt (i think or something like that)
Sony 900 watt class-d mono amp
Pioneer 4-way 6.5" door speakers

Interior
Ark STS
*[needs paint]3-gauge pod (molded)
*[needs paint]full upper interior conversion

ok thats all i got so far..

hated the thought of boosting a 102k mile engine...:

8k hid lows

Cross-Double Drilled and slotted rotors

Blue window control led's

LED Tail-lights

AEM//T70/Synapse BOV/OBX Wastgate/290CC injectors

AEM Installed

Front/Sideskirts (Vision Invader)... upon receipt

Rear Bumper (Vision Invader)... upon receipt

·
Registered
140 Posts
the only mid sway bar or re-enforce bar is the one that goes on the inside right below the back seat which bolts to the factory seat belt harness

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lmao strut bars not sway bars >_< wow... i was talkin to a friend on the phone about getting a rear sway bar cause he was complaining about understeer... and yea... lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i have some pics up now... not as many as i should... but i will soon... the weather has actually completely halted progress on my car... which is rather annoying... but hopefully it'll stop raining enough i can get this engine swapped...

then i gotta get to making my stainless steel exhaust :) i'm not sure if i wanna do 2" or go ahead with 2.5" since i'm running that turbo in the back... the back pressure from the 2" would maintain a good bit of my low end torque and make the turbo spool just a little earlier... but i'm not sure if at higher rpm i'll be regretting not running 2.5"... and since i don't have headers atm... doesn't make sense to run 2.5" all the way back....

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just got the engine in tonight... still gotta hook the harness up and bolt the a/c compressor, alternator, slave cylinder, shifter linkage, and passenger cv back on throw the serpentine belt back on and the struts back in and it's driveable... :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks good. are you painting it? lose the tails.
i had to replace the taillights somehow EVERY mount was broken on the right one but no signs of someone hitting my car...

the body kit yes... lol no way ima have a multi-colored car... no way... unless it's meant to be that way and well a bodykit is meant to look like it's part of the car... at least in my opinion... which is what matters to me :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
new engine is in... and running... got more to do before driveable but at least i know the engine i bought runs... and runs better than my old one... ^_^ thats sad u can tell a difference in the first crank of an engine that sat for at least 6 months...

i've made the 290cc base cal for the aem... i'll be testing it once the car is driveable for the time being it acts like they're stock injectors (which was the goal) i did all the math last night plugged in all the numbers and when i cranked this engine up the first time it ran perfectly... bank 1 o2 sensor had same readings as the stock injectors on the old engine (for the most part) next up is maf simulation :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
good luck thats seems like a cool build u got goin on there ! where are you putting he turbo ? like an sts system ? cuzi would reccomend a 2.5 for ur pipes to avoid all the bckpressure..IMO. looks good tho man keep us updated!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
well there aren't any engine mods that i have the money for to put on... lol i bought everything i needed to do the turbo and swap the other engine... i was gonna buy a new set of pistons and rods first but i had to quit my job due to back surgery and then somebody messed with my car... so i just said screw it i'll swap in the other engine and build my old one once i get my job back

i gotta figure out what ima use to fabricate the damn half circle piece that the 03-04 heads aparently don't have in them... i bought an 03-04 engine for my 05... starting to wish i hadn't ^_^

yes "sts" style if u will.. but... i won't be pumping the oil back up to the engine... turbo will have it's own oil tank... that way it'll run cooler, cleaner, and i can run a different type of oil... i can run 0w-20 in my engine... i wouldn't wanna run that through a turbo...

1 - 20 of 176 Posts