Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #161 (Edited)
This car had so much potential, and then I saw the pics with the body kit :(

Front bumper doesn't look right with the wheel well, and the side skirts and rear just look...well....2fast2furious ricey.
not all of us have $1000+ to spend on a body kit... and remember something fast and furious was based on a real racing scene that existed before the movie... yeah i wasn't going for that but i can prove in a 1/4mile or on a dyno i'm not some f&f kid

by the way brooni i'll be in evansville soon (sometime in the next 3 weeks hopefully) if u'll send me ur cell over fb i'll hit u up when i get in town... i intend to bring the tib... with the turbo on... :) the interior will still be apart but w.e lol

tank welded up...just need to get mounting brackets made and welded on as well

oh yeah.. AND... with aftermarket headers, NO anti-fowlers, AND extended o2 harnesses... i give you the big FU to the epa and the horse they rode in on... i never got worse than 18mpg beating on my car running 10psi of boost... but i have to prove i make decent emissions... where muscle cars get to drive around making single digit mileage.... f the epa... all i gotta say.

oh and for anyone who may not know... bank 2 is ur after-cat emissions testing use o2 sensors.... .4 anything will pass emissions (at least where i'm at) and i'm sure .3 is fine as well but i dunno for sure. the fu comes from the failing emissions due to the magnaflow cat cleaning the exhaust TOO much... i failed emissions because there was not enough "pollution" in th exhaust to prove that the o2 sensors were in fact working... thats some ********

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
to the top with more progress :)

tank is done (still debating on bracket placement... then it'll be 100%

the 2.5" to 2x 1.5" intake splitter... (will be welded on the pipes)

this specific one is going in the engine bay portion of the piping... otherwise the pipes would be smoother transition... since there will never be any air flowing INTO the 1.5" pipes... no need to spend the extra time making the transition completely smooth.

second "splitter" this on is on turbo side of the twin pipes and has been smoothed to a decent degree on the inside.

i have the 90 welded on the front one but next step is to get the 45 on the back side of the pipe and get the rear "splitter" welded on... then i should be ready to weld the front one on... once one of the 1.5" pipes is completely run i'll continue on with the other

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
that is my tib... and we built the exhaust... but it doesn't sound like that... lol that is when cylinder 5 isn't firing properly... so it makes it sound a bit like a v8 :p maybe more than a bit haha. so while u CAN make it sound that way... ur engine wouldn't last long... and ur gas mileage would SUCK.. lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
ty and another picture... the oil tank (finally got the bungs in) that should be going on tomorrow (assuming it's not raining like it has been...)

turbo is on and coolant lines hooked up... oil tank hopefully going on tomorrow and all lines hooked up... the only thing left is to finish that intake piping... and the mounts for piping as well. i still have to put my tip on the exhaust but i'm not too concerned with that atm

·
Registered
905 Posts
wow I have been away for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. Well my car has been down waiting on my rods and pistons full floating assembly wooooooooooooot............. any who I may have to make a trip to come check out the car in person sometime bro!! Oh and to also figure out the damn AEM FIC issue never got it to run properly before the motor went on my behalf.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
oh smoke if u only knew the things that have been happening OUTSIDE the project thread :p i'm no longer showing off this build really... just wait till the project show car starts traveling the u.s. to car shows under the shops name :)

i havn't heard of a tib with a mod list this long... not in seriousness (ignoring things such as leds in the interior... aka minor things...)

hopefully i'll have mine fully up and running again soon... tired of it sitting on jack stands... almost there though... not much more to do. just sooo much other **** on my plate than my car right now... be lookin for the post of a new upper intake manifold available for the tib in about a month... with a dyno sheet of before and after to show the numbers... thats if things go according to plan.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have seen a turbo done many times now, the same way as yours on the Ford Focus, and on 3 EVO's. Care to explain if it is any better or worse then mounting the turbo in the engine bay?

I'm just wondering if it has any real advantage, or if it is about the same.

Car is looking good!

BTW, LOVE the blue LEDs on the doors.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
it has it's advantages and disadvantages... turbo runs cooler thereby allowing it to last longer and not burn your oil... there isn't a large amount of heat in the engine bay slowly destroying your electronics. in most cases there is more room... it CAN be setup to retain factory warranty.

disadvantages... finding a place to run the intake pipe without reducing clearance under the car... you have to know a decent bit about turbo sizing because you can't look at all the bolt on kits to see what size turbo to buy... oh and most performance shops WONT build a rear-mount kit... and i've never found a shop that'll fix anything on a rear-mount setup short of us here at area 52 which build them and would repair someone elses shady work if needed.

main advantage is the lower engine bay temps, lower turbo temp, lower intake air temp... i build boost quick enough that i can't tell there is a delay... and my intake temps WITHOUT an intercooler are within decent numbers even when hot outside... even after an hour long drive... so that's really what it boils down to... more power, less wear, less space issues, less material cost (in SOME cases less labor cost)

that and one of the things i LOVE about it... if your not in front of me... all you hear is turbo... i asked the guy that i passed (i knew him) if he heard the wastegate open... his response "all i heard was turbo... i couldn't even hear your exhaust..."

and ty :) btw teaser sound clip... the first v8 sound was a tib only firing 5 out of 6 injectors...
tease sound clips

i'll get some more up soon... still gotta tune it and do some other things... plenty left to do on the car but it's back to boost :)

·
ERMAHGERD, ERM AH MERD!
3,424 Posts
ahh just saw this now, i dont have as much free time as i used to so i probably wouldnt be able to drive down unless there was a big meet out of it. sorry man but looks like ur doin work on this

161 - 176 of 176 Posts