Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for quite a while for a project car (other than my Falcon). I want something that has a pretty big aftermarket, so parts aren't a pain to come by. I'd be building it specifically to be raced, but I want to keep it street legal. I thought about a 1G Eclipse or Talon, but everybody around here has one. Same deal with a CRX. I can find one anywhere for a good price, and make it fast as balls, but everyone has one. Anybody know of anything else?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked about the old Supras a while back when I found one for a grand, but I remember some people saying they're kind of maintenance-demanding. I want something I can build and race, without needing to fix something after every night at the track.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
staw512 said:
you already got a s/c tib, crank up the boost
i agree...unless you find a really cheap car in good condition....i wouldn't get it unless is a must buy

i'm almost 18 now...and i've been looking for a few months also...im just gonna wait until the right car comes along and says.....BOOST ME...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not going to stop modifying my Tib. But the Tib is my daily driver, so I don't want to get too crazy with it. I want another car just for racing. I love racing, but don't like to race the Tib a lot.

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
MKIII Supra, 90-92 240SX, Mazda Miata, Gen 2 (89-99) Toyota MR-2, Mid 90's Audi A4 1.8T, AE86

·
Registered
261 Posts
What kind of racing? If it's straight-line, consider an old Mustang or F-body. They're cheap, they're fast, and there are craploads of cheap parts that give huge amounts of power.

·
Registered
55 Posts
yes ,type of racing is important to choice of cars. What kinda of budget are you looking into.. I have had alot of different cars.
I currently have a 240sx for the twisties and will probably pick up a LS-1 trans am for drag racing by next years end. Mark 3 supras are pretty good drag cars ,you can make up to 400-500whp on a stock engine with a steel head gasket and mostly bolt ons..But any car is going to become less reliable the more power you pull out..

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It would be straight line racing. As for a budget... Something fairly cheap. It doesn't have to be in perfect condition, as it's going to be a project car anyway. I'm really not worried at all about the interior or exterior (unless it's rusted or something). It just needs to run.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
old bmw 3series.

i'll tell you what my project is going to be:

99 impreza RS, swap in an EJ25 w/6spd and build it up for tarmac or dirt (or both).

·
Registered
898 Posts
Xyloft said:
old bmw 3series.

i'll tell you what my project is going to be:

99 impreza RS, swap in an EJ25 w/6spd and build it up for tarmac or dirt (or both).
Ahh you stole my GC8 idea. But mine doesn't get a EJ25. Mine gets the JDM EJ207T. I'm going to use it as a rally car though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts