Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am posting this for people to Look at the Gauges. They are very nice and Cheap to buy like most of you guys want anyways. Being that alot of us are Moving up in the World to Boosted Tiburons I called these guys and talk to them. They are going to Check this link out and they may become A sponsor. So any feedback would be nice. They are coming out With a New Wideband setup too. I was told it would be the Cheapest on the Market for sure ! Also they are going to sell it in different ways, with and with out the controller , and with the 5wire o2 sensor . Also you can use your own 5 wire sensor. I hope you guys like these. It would be great to get these guys On this Site. They are going to be at the Sema Show in 6 days or so to Show off the New wideband. check the out !

Also when you call these guys they answer the Phone !!!! :p

http://prosportgauges.com/index.htm

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
they are nice gauges, i made a thread in the general discussion about 2 weeks ago about them. You can get deals on them, my brother belongs to an MR2 forum and they are a sponser.. The amount off on things isnt alot but its still cheaper... I would recomend these gauges to people...

heres a couple of pics of them in my car.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
That seems like a really good price for an electrical boost gauge. I've seen Autometer electric boost gauges for over 2X their price... which probably explains why they're sold out of them.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
those are nice lookin gauges... wish i would have known about them before i got mine.

i've never used an electical boot gauge, but don't you need either a car with a map sensor or some sort of sensor in the intake to measure pressure to use an electrical... wouldn't it be easier to just T into the vac lines and use a mechanical boost gauge?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Wow. Glad I found this thread before I ordered from AEM... I'll have to do more research on them, but so far they look great.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i'd recommend megan racing,i can recommend from whom to buy them.maybe that is prosport knockoff that are sold in ukraine, but they are awful.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told that the Wrx crowd on their forums Asked if they would make the Green color display gauges and they did . Since then they have been selling out so fast on all there gauges. I talked to a guy High in the Company and he said they cant not keep these on the Shelf . They are always sold out so put just place orders anyways and it puts them on the list. I was told that the Wideband should be under 100.00. I told him they could never have enough of those, they would sell to fast. He told me they don't want to Market there Gauges like the Big Companies. If they did Like Aem, which spent 1millon last year they could not bring great prices. He told me plan and simple if you buy other gauges at that price you are getting Raped. So i am going to get some of these for sure.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
jordan23ryan said:
I was told that the Wrx crowd on their forums Asked if they would make the Green color display gauges and they did . Since then they have been selling out so fast on all there gauges. I talked to a guy High in the Company and he said they cant not keep these on the Shelf . They are always sold out so put just place orders anyways and it puts them on the list. I was told that the Wideband should be under 100.00. I told him they could never have enough of those, they would sell to fast. He told me they don't want to Market there Gauges like the Big Companies. If they did Like Aem, which spent 1millon last year they could not bring great prices. He told me plan and simple if you buy other gauges at that price you are getting Raped. So i am going to get some of these for sure.
you said it should work with any 5 wire? i have the plx m-300 wideband... i don't have a gauge on it (the box has a display built in)... i wonder if it would work...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Definitely would get that boost gauge and digital a/f meter they got once I go S/C. Which is soon. Tell them to come on in, I'm sure that they'd get plenty of business from us if they become a sponsor to make it worth their while. I've heard good things about them in random conversations for a while.

·
Banned
312 Posts
Usually with an electric boost gauge, you just have a sending unit in the engine compartment that converts the boost pressure into an electrical signal, and just run a wire into the cabin, which is much easier.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
GTea said:
Usually with an electric boost gauge, you just have a sending unit in the engine compartment that converts the boost pressure into an electrical signal, and just run a wire into the cabin, which is much easier.
Run a wire... run a thin tube. Same difference.

Nice gauges, though. I might look into getting a few of these... especially since the Autometer oil pressure gauge I have now (that cost twice as much as these) squeaks when the needle turns. How's that for quality - LOL?? Annoying as hell...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Any estimated time frame that these will be available? I need to fill my second gauge hole, and I can't think of anything better than a nice affordable wideband.

Any idea if they make air temp gauges? I wouldn't mind having an air intake temp gauge, just for ***** and giggles.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was told the Wideband should be in Production with in 3weeks. As for how good they are i dont know yet. They look good . I like the Quick connection end to them.

I am going to get the blue ones. I am going to get the Mafterburner with the Wideband setup and i will get just the wideband gauge when it comes out. He told me that They are marketing around WRX's, I told him about our site and he said How many people do you have. lol i told him 13k which is very very close and he was WOW. I told him with their prices that it would be great since you guys are Cheap ***** and will not Buy my Stage 4 intake, haha

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
^white amber.... They actually can be white, amber, and red. None of which match our stock interior color which is what i was going for, so LED white it is!! hahaha

1 - 20 of 120 Posts